And so it begins. Yeti made and on the way. 14 plate question....

tomas79

I had a call from the dealer telling that the new elegance greenline in jungle green is on the way to me. Finally! Can't wait to replace my roomster, which served me well, but it's time for a little bit more comfort.

Anyway, would you please explain to me what is the benefit of waiting for the 14 plate? Thank you.

I am waiting for a 14 plate as it is now only less than 3 weeks away. Its only because I think the resale value may be slightly higher eventually. It does indicate a 2014 model rather than a 63 plate which could be late 2013 OR early 2014.

I am waiting for a 14 plate as it is now only less than 3 weeks away. Its only because I think the resale value may be slightly higher eventually. It does indicate a 2014 model rather than a 63 plate which could be late 2013 OR early 2014.

Yes that is what I was told when I ordered my new QQ. It gets to the dealers this Friday, but was advised by taking before the 2014 plate it could reduce the eventual resale value by as much as £500

I had a call from the dealer telling that the new elegance greenline in jungle green is on the way to me. Finally! Can't wait to replace my roomster, which served me well, but it's time for a little bit more comfort.

Anyway, would you please explain to me what is the benefit of waiting for the 14 plate? Thank you.

Was it a week 7 build, by any chance?

Where does this 10 days come from? I would suggest this is dealer tosh to keep their February registrations up in what can be a slack month for sales. My Yeti was on dealer premises for a month before it was bought and registered. I would be inclined to query the reason if you want the 14 plate.

• Like 1

Where does this 10 days come from? I would suggest this is dealer tosh to keep their February registrations up in what can be a slack month for sales. My Yeti was on dealer premises for a month before it was bought and registered. I would be inclined to query the reason if you want the 14 plate.

Agree.

When my Yeti arrived last December on the18th. I asked for it to be registered in March for the new "13" Reg, which the dealer agreed too. Two days later I got a call from the service manager asking if I would take the car on the 23rd. December, I said no, then they offered me £350 of free accessories, and a full  Lifeshine for free which would be worth around £600 in all. The excitement of the car got the better of me and I agreed. You are probably correct that they are desperate for sales in the last months running up to the new reg. and are looking to get completed sales in.

they said they have to register within 10 days of receipt...heres hoping it turns up in 6 days time!

That's what I was told as well. Not sure it's dealer tosh since that was my first reaction when dealer told me.

Since most of the communication about my Yeti status has been with Skoda UK, we discussed this in a recent call and the SUK lady confirmed it was a SUK requirement. Fortunately (as mentioned in FL orders log) SUK decided to allow me to have 14 plates.

So by March 1st it will be 5 weeks since the Yeti arrived at the dealers - someone obviously decided that since I ordered the pre-FL on 5th September, it was just chance that I was on this position and hence relented. if the build/delivery had taken the suggested 12 weeks, I would have accepted it.

So almost exactly 6 months from order to delivery - meanwhile my wife's 18 year old Tigra has done the business. 

It's simple, you'll have either 6 months or 3 weeks of the car looking like a new car. That may or may not bother you.

Yes as an immediate solution, but when you come to sell/trade, car will still be a 14/63 and not a 14/14 plate.

Indeed so.  But given the length of time I run cars for (minimum 10 years, maximum 15 years) I don't think it'll make a heap of difference in 2024!  I just hope the Yeti's as long-lasting as previous contenders (all from VW) have been.  I see no reason why it shouldn't be!  :sun:

Good news. The Yeti had arrived at the dealers. I'll be collecting on 1 March with a new 14 plate. Thank you for the advice.

Great news indeed.  Just received confirmation this afternoon that I can pick mine up on the 3rd March.

Indeed so.  But given the length of time I run cars for (minimum 10 years, maximum 15 years) I don't think it'll make a heap of difference in 2024!  I just hope the Yeti's as long-lasting as previous contenders (all from VW) have been.  I see no reason why it shouldn't be!  :sun:

It which case you are correct. 

10/15 years - wow you are made of much stronger stuff than I am, so hats off to you and total respect.

Blimey though - the longest we have ever kept a car is 2.5 years (and that's the wife's car with 9k miles) - and the shortest is 3 months. Normally change at least every year, as boredom sets in rather quick.

Just as well the wife has survived 43 years (better insert a smiley just in case........!) :giggle:

No 10 day (must be registered) rule at your dealers then!

That's a condition of the VAG finance, not just a general rule, and if you have specified a 1st March purchase on the order form like I did then even then it doesn't matter.