My new Rapid Sport Arrived today.....

Looks like another incorrectly registered Rapid! If so, you'll need a letter from Skoda. Amend section 4 of your V5 and post to the DVLA with the letter explaining the situation, with correct model.

Looks like another incorrectly registered Rapid! If so, you'll need a letter from Skoda. Amend section 4 of your V5 and post to the DVLA with the letter explaining the situation, with correct model.

Thanks for the gen pal.

Sounds like your talking from experience. Thought it was strange as it shows as 'Rapid Sport 105 TSI' on the insurance but 'Rapid SE 105 TSI greentech' on V5

Sent using my right thumb

Isn't the Sport an Skoda UK special based on the greentech, hence that's what it says on the logbook.

If it was based on a green tech surely it would have a green tech engine...

So that just goes to show that all of the values that show on your V5C after registration are essentially freeform text fields. What the hell is the point of type approving vehicles if it doesn't apply templates to registrations and make everybody's life easier / less chance of mistakes?

(Note: I'm fully aware the above would require an IT project and, as such, the government will be completely incapable of doing that on-time and on-budget)

• Like 2

I'm told it can take months for the DVLA to engage their derrieres and sort it. I hope it gets sorted a lot sooner!

Months?? I'll be wanting a new car by then!

• Like 1

I look forward to seeing some decent pictures of this once you are ready. :)

Yeah sorry haven't had the weather. Will try and get some over the weekend....

It doesn't matter in the UK it's law that if a vehicle has xenon headlight it must have headlight washer and automatic headlight levelling. Whether that's done throughout the headlight having electronic levelling or in the case of some estate cars auto suspension levelling.

That's not the case anymore...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/286862-xenon-headlights-without-the-need-for-washers-and-self-levelling/?hl=%2Bxenon+%2Bwashers#entry3402322

"As an option, the ŠKODA Rapid received xenon headlights. The xenon lamp has a luminous flux up to 2,000 lumen.  This system requires no headlamp leveling and headlamp cleaning system yet. Advantage: a lower price compared to xenon headlamps with higher lumen output at roughly comparable intensity."

http://new.skoda-auto.com/en/news/2013-07-04-rapid

Edited by silver1011

That's not the case anymore...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/286862-xenon-headlights-without-the-need-for-washers-and-self-levelling/?hl=%2Bxenon+%2Bwashers#entry3402322

"As an option, the ŠKODA Rapid received xenon headlights. The xenon lamp has a luminous flux up to 2,000 lumen.  This system requires no headlamp leveling and headlamp cleaning system yet. Advantage: a lower price compared to xenon headlamps with higher lumen output at roughly comparable intensity."

http://new.skoda-auto.com/en/news/2013-07-04-rapid

Not wanting to argue, but spoke to 3 MOT testers at my work and a 4th one who is currently undergoing the training to get his MOT testers certificate and all 4 of them say with current UK MOT legislation it would fail an MOT?

Not wanting to argue, but spoke to 3 MOT testers at my work and a 4th one who is currently undergoing the training to get his MOT testers certificate and all 4 of them say with current UK MOT legislation it would fail an MOT?

It would seem strange if we had different regulations to the rest of the EU on this, but this could explain why SUK have not introduced xenons here yet.

• Like 1