Going to look at this tomorrow..... Advice?

1accdeb08c50ff9d09496cf5ef14ea55_zpse87d

adb32a64972296f440817b1f15c7aa82_zps71e4

Taking my girls & father to see this tomorrow is the snow stops. Going to be testing it with booster seats, dog cages and taking it for a drive. Ive been reading about the oil issues that some people having been having with these engines and I'll be asking about extended warranties if I do go for it!!

It's at Thompson & Potter in Burrelton. Any good/bad reviews from there??

http://www.skoda.net.r66.co.uk/carview.aspx?id=604234994

• Like 1

dont stress about the oil, i have done 65k in vRS 2's now, and had no issues ;) its rarer than a forum where people come for help with problems may seem ;) if in doubt ask to be able to contact the previous owner, and discuss ;) my garage took my old car off me like a shot (at a really good trade in £1k greater than first offered ;) ) because they knew it was a good one and wanted it on their forecourt :)

and the estate is the way to go, much better looking , not that I'm biased ;)  I'd go for black wrap for the roof though ;)

Noticed it doesn't have the black pack, so will buy lights. Get grill, roof & mirrors Carbon Wrapped. Also going to get an upper strip on top edge of bumper into boot covered with the same wrap - going to have our dog jumping in and out, don't want too much doggy damage.

Looks like it had steering controls & maxi dot at least. Going to check options codes and see what it came with.

I've got 2 kids and park in a car park at work where nobody seems to give a **** about pranging the car beside them.

So they are staying, but they would get colour coded!! :-) (white glass wrap)

I have a friend in Glasgow that wraps cars, so he said he'd take almost anything on for me.

Also going to try and buy back my old wheels:-

IMG_0795.jpg

newpictures18thmay084.jpg

Think they would look amazing on a white estate!!

• Like 3

Going to be up there to see the car about 9am. Already decided to call her Snow White!! (That's a bad sign already!! Only pick names for cars after I buy them usually)

Will be calling Skoda to check warranty work do e on the car previously.

However looking at a few offers and I can get a 13 plate for only £1800 more in red, blue, grey, black, green etc. with less miles - even as low as £8900 for a red 11 plate with all the options - but it's on 37000 miles.

SP or ST. =  first registered Perth or Perth/Tayside

EDIT,

Ask them if this car has had its engine Replaced or Rebuilt or had any Warranty issues.

No problem if it has, but they should be telling you.

Thompson & Potter Burrelton, Part of the John Clark Group,  who have quite a few vRS for sale including the Silver Estate in Aberdeen, Also worth a look..

They can sell it from Burrelton or Dundee or Aberdeen.

http://john-clark.co.uk/skoda

That white looks nice, and the Black Rub Strips are an Extra.

Lovely Sales people,.

Even though you should not stress on OIl,  neither do T&P,  they are Oil issue Deniers,

**3 monkeys, 'See, Say and Do nothing'., Treat like Mushrooms, 'Keep in the Dark and Shovel with sharn'. **

and not so good at checking Oil Levels correctly.

Some Terrible Customer Services there for some and other get great sales service, maybe not so good servicing service,, including one member here with a Replacement Engine, then Steering Failure and then more steering failure and booked in after waiting a few weeks. He now as a Octavia from them i think.

So buyer beware,

if you get a good deal, then great, only pay the right price.

& please report back how you get on.

Ask them how you check oil on a Twincharger, and if they have oil issues.

NO DOUBT SOMEONE IN THE DEALERSHIP IS READING THIS THIS MORNING.

SO HOPEFULLY BEFORE YOUR ROADTEST THE TYRE PRESSURES ARE CHECKED AND SET AND THE CAR HAS THE CORRECT AMOUNT OF OIL IN.

& the car has 98 or 99 ron petrol in.

PS.

I have an Image of those Wheels Photshopped on the Red Estate that was getting bought from T&P.

(Ahh it was your Photoshop. )

Was not bought, because as i seem to remember, they told porkies about its history when the buyer checked with Skoda UK.

• Like 1

I would leave it unwrapped, get the black grille/headlights and perhaps blacken the fogs/spots, get the other wheels but black, again. All black and white, steering clear of the carbonehead… oops, carbon. (Every bone head seems to want either carbon or sticky back carbon plastic nowadays… SUPERCHAV), At a push, get the rear lights smoked to match but apart from that, it already looks the dogs dangly do-dah's!

Shame you can't legally fit the old fashioned black and silver number plates to new cars, although many do and seem to get away with it. (Pehaps keeping a set of proper ones in the boot, just in case of flashing blues tailing)! Ahem, that was NOT a suggestion!!!

mrgf, it does not have fogs/spots,  what it has are Sidelight/DRL's

You will need to go over the car and see what it actually has in the way of options fitted..

Because no Matter how often T&P are told, they 'DO NOT HAVE FRONT FOG LIGHTS',

they use the same SKODA UK Spec Sheet for all their used vRS.

(32 months of selling them, you might think they might know and change that on the website adverts.)

£10,000 is probably the most it is worth paying for SP60 VWR.  (good reg for anyone buying a POLO R next year.)

It has an Asking Price ready to take £495 off,

So maybe ask for a '2 year Skoda Extended Warranty' with it, if paying £10,000

not just a '1 year Skoda Approved Used car Warranty'.

If you can streach to the Silver Demonstrator vRS is Aberdeen, once you get the price down further,

it is a new CTHE engine car, rather than this CAVE engine one.

& it is Black Pack, but with the same Black Gigaro wheels.

• Like 1

Posted Image

Posted Image

Taking my girls & father to see this tomorrow is the snow stops. Going to be testing it with booster seats, dog cages and taking it for a drive. Ive been reading about the oil issues that some people having been having with these engines and I'll be asking about extended warranties if I do go for it!!

It's at Thompson & Potter in Burrelton. Any good/bad reviews from there??

http://www.skoda.net.r66.co.uk/carview.aspx?id=604234994

Looks very nice indeed sir. Take it from someone who has had a new engine due to oil, don't worry about it at all just take the extended warranty and enjoy as I am 100% sure you will love it and there are more vrs's with out oil issues than there is with ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

I hope you join the VRS estate fold. :-)

Nice car, I wouldn't worry to much about the black headlights. Apparently they are worse than the standard chrome ones and involve re wiring to work with cars with the normal ones.

Look at Brimma's Fabia Elegence estate build, he has just got the black Monte grill combined with the silver headlights on his white car and I think it looks awesome.

Just noticed the Reversing Sensors on it, ask T&P if the Dealer Fitted them if they were the Supplying Dealer.

Normally they are Colour Coded.

I did wonder if i was getting mixed up with Members user names,

but i see you do already have experience of T&P. 

so you know what to expect from them.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/247802-vrs-test-drive-wow/page-2

Just back from them. Mike spent 2hrs with us going over every layout of children's seats we could think of. No space issues there!!

Dog will fit in the boot easy.

The car has had warranty work done due to excessive oil consumption.

1st engine replace at 13000 miles, 2nd engine replaced at 21000 miles.

So it's now on its 3rd engine fitted 3000 miles ago - this new engine in the later engine code.

But here is the thing - £10k price. Would work out at £3000 deposit & £170 a month for 4 years.

Or I could have their ex-demo 63 plate in rally blue for £15500 - but can't be done on 0% vat offer. So £4500 & £189 a month for 3 years on Solutions

Or order a new car £18000 + options = £5500 deposit and £169 a month for 3 years on Solutions. Final payment or hand back after 3 years.

Lead time is 16/17 weeks. Would be looking for cruise control, rear e/w at least.

Plus can anyone tell me why no towbar available on he VRS??

Surely the alarm bells must be ringing if it's had 3 engines, it's up to you but I wouldn't be touching it.

Why not have a look at the others George mentioned in an earlier post, with all the issues with oil consumption and the fact they're not going to be making them for much longer I wouldn't be spending that kind of money on a new one, you may end up losing loads in depreciation.

• Like 2