I think 300lbft is too much torque. DISCUSS

vrs oh yes

Mines 258 lb/ft between 2500 rpm and 5000rpm. 

Not bad for a petrol, and no probs getting it from 50-90 either. 

90 is at the very top of third gear @ 6500rpm. 

(on this private road I know officer...)

Considering your car splits the torque between four tyres I'd suggest it's not comparitive to a Fabia VRS terms of torque and traction.

I think I had around around 550lb/ft in the tweaked Nissan and you could deploy that nearly all the time due to the traction.

Track days + rain = full throttle no issues.

As has been said OP.

Decent tyres.

LSD.

Smooth map.

Jobs a good 'un. :)

The map is really smooth, but it does seem to come in thick and fast.

I think i'm just becoming frustrated with the wet greasy roads at the moment. I shall invest in some decent rubber for the summer and see how it goes. I was bragging about power at all I just think in these conditions a lot of the power is wasted.

A good 4wd would be much better I guess. I am quickly tiring of the fabias crap handling.

Considering your car splits the torque between four tyres I'd suggest it's not comparitive to a Fabia VRS terms of torque and traction.

I think I had around around 550lb/ft in the tweaked Nissan and you could deploy that nearly all the time due to the traction.

Track days + rain = full throttle no issues.

That was kind of my point, my torque is more or less equal to a standard Fab vRS.

But I'd have to be a full throttle clutch dumping animal to get the wheels to spin.  

So a combination of quattro and high quality Michelin tyres are what it takes to harness 

my cars power. If the same engine set up as in mine was in a front wheel drive variant

then I'm pretty sure that would spin all over the place too.

So high torque isn't really a problem if it's delivered efficiently, if there was a way of keeping

everything else the same but changing the Fabia from fwd to quattro or full time 4wd then

the torque would be easily managed.

As per title really,

My fabia VRS has 170bhp and 300lbft and is my daily driver, a commute of 22 miles encompassing all of the major road types.

Ok get a car with little amount of torque. Then what happens when you got to a hill. Or your above 3rd gear or its dry.

ive got a hybrid and decent tyres. Wont spin unless I tell it to.

I am finding in this crappy weather that the excess torque is actually taking a lot of the fun away. It seems that I cannot use maximum throttle in any gear below fourth without doing crazy wheelspins or understeering away from roundabouts.

I cant help but think that a car with even half the torque (civic tpre r etc) would be more enjoyable in this kind of weather as the 'not so instantaneous' torque of other cars could be better used in these conditions.

What do you think?

I will say however that the torque really does make the vrs king between 50-90 (maybe thats a bit generous). Nothing comes close when you need to make some space between yourself and a tailgater etc.

that pedal on the right is an adjustable pedal. Not just on or off.. sounds like you shouldn't be in a vrs if you cant control it.Never get in anything rwd or gyou wont be lasting long by the sound of it Edited by fletch101

Decent tyres are the 1st thing you need... they are the only thing that puts you in contact with the road

Then throttle control - burying your foot in the bulkhead is not always the quickest way 

A smooth remap would be next

Followed by an LSD

Isn't a C Class RWD with a proper diff?

it's RWD but only has an open diff. It can do that weird brakey thing with the wheels, but it doesn't stop the wheels spinning :D Lots of Torques is a good thing :) :)