JackClaps Detailing Thread

JackClap

Can see half of them..Nice job

.......as usual

I don't know what number you're using, Chris, but I use this one...0800 111 4567...and usually get a good response.

Regards

Mike.

I'm guessing you still haven't got your internet issues sorted yet then.. best of luck dealing with BT to get it sorted.. they really are rather useless as I'm sure you'll find  :giggle:

Nope...They now tell me midnight...but they said that on Monday!!!

• 2 weeks later...

It is definitely a nice bit of kit. Seems very well made. Not had chance to use it yet so can't comment on that side of it, but you are left wondering is it really worth the price tag. Considering you can pick up the EP801 at £100, I am sort of wondering if the extra £200-£300 for the Flex is worth it. 

Hopefully so, the reviews seem to say its worth it so we shall see.

It's as if you read my mind, I literally just placed an order for something similar last night

That's the first thing I thought when looking at it. That it looks pretty much the same. £200 for it definitely seems rather expensive for a car drying aid. 

I've ordered the Sidekick from CYC, hadn't planned on getting a dryer but saw it and thought it may be a rather useful little gadget to have. 

3 Deliveries all in the space of half an hour  :think: .

13735344143_d925646e3f_b.jpg

13735292785_fa6b03b470_b.jpg

13735684444_4a2ec2b7e1_b.jpg

13735321833_3546eeeb02_b.jpg

13735317393_e84427ea5a_b.jpg

Very impressed with the build quality of the Nilfisk, really feels like a great bit of kit that's going to last. Faultless service again from Cleanstore, Had a query as I thought something was missing as per instruction, fired them off an email. Had a reply within 5 mins! 

• Like 1

Nice set of kit and goodies there Jack

My Obsession Wax stuff has arrived too..smelling of Whisky and Bubblegum!!!

I went and sprayed a bit of the air freshener in the car to see what its like on the way home, must have got a bit on me as now all I can smell is pina colada. May be an interesting one if I ever get pulled over. "Sir have you been drinking?", "No, It's just my air freshener". 

Think the liquorice shampoo has to be my favourite smelling of the 3 though. Would be interesting to see what some of the other scents smell like

• Like 1

I went and sprayed a bit of the air freshener in the car to see what its like on the way home, must have got a bit on me as now all I can smell is pina colada. May be an interesting one if I ever get pulled over. "Sir have you been drinking?", "No, It's just my air freshener". 

:giggle:  :rofl:

Could be worse..My whole car will smell of Whisky!!

and it was pretty close smelling too Chris. Mmm whiskey! Damn my liver!

I'm afraid mine is a little more tame. I went for cola cubes (big kid) just hope one of my neighbors took in my parcel now.

• Like 1

Well used the PW, snowfoam and Obsession Wax Shampoo tonight. 

Was pretty happy with the consistency of the foam I managed to achieve, although it was more than enough to do 3 cars. So will try next time to adjust it so I have enough to just to do the one car. It certainly felt rather fun covering the car in foam. 

As far for the shampoo that was also rather good. Didn't produce too many studs but glided over the paint pretty nicely. Was fairly nice to work with and left a really good finish. A deep wet gloss look with a bit of warmth and vibrance. Only thing is that it left behind a few very light marks not too sure exactly why.

A quick phone picture from afterwards.

13744807683_48d729b556_b.jpg

• Like 1

What do you mean? .."....tar marks"?

Thinking about it tar is probably the wrong word. I'm not entirely sure what it is Chris, didn't get too much chance to have a proper look at it as it was getting dark. But there's something left behind on the paint in quite a few places. It's sort of looks like some sort of sticky residue but it isn't sticky, hard to explain but not something I've come across before.

I gave a section a light rub with a microfibre and it removed it. So it seems as if the shampoo wasn't able to breakdown whatever the contaminant is. As it took such little effort to remove it with the mircofibre. Or it could even be something that was left behind by the shampoo.

Will have a better look tomorrow to try suss it out

And more..  :think:

13759030685_1057fc2715_b.jpg

13759025333_5b253eb721_b.jpg

Incredibly surprised at how powerful the Sidekick dryer actually is. It was certainly causing a bit of mischief in the office today, sat at the other side of the office and blowing peoples paperwork all over the place with ease. 

And on another note the Obsession Wax Shampoo has left a really good looking shine on the car which was really noticeable in the sun this morning. 

• Like 1