Self cancelling CC news:

The fixed DSG software is available at my dealer so they will update my car tomorrow or on Friday.

Next week I'll go for long journeys so I will test it.

Hopefully I will go back with good news.

I've experienced the CC cutting out and when I contacted my local dealer we arranged for them to take a look at it today.

Surpise surprise they couldn't replicate the issue and didn't find anything on the computer log.

But what they did do was apply an ECU update recall 24AU and they said that this could be a solution. Not fully tried to see if this has but time will tell.

Is this recall the ECO mode fix and / or the DSG fix as mentioned above?

Self cancelling CC news:

The fixed DSG software is available at my dealer so they will update my car tomorrow or on Friday.

Next week I'll go for long journeys so I will test it.

Hopefully I will go back with good news.

Fingers crossed.  You certainly have more chance of getting a fix than most of us as your car is affected so regularly.  

I've experienced the CC cutting out and when I contacted my local dealer we arranged for them to take a look at it today.

Surpise surprise they couldn't replicate the issue and didn't find anything on the computer log.

But what they did do was apply an ECU update recall 24AU and they said that this could be a solution. Not fully tried to see if this has but time will tell.

Interesting.  I wonder if they'll give Aki's car the same SW fix?

Have a good break and hopefully will be sorted when you get back.  My dealer tells me they have reported my car to SUK so I'd be interested to hear if they claim it's a one-off fault.

Back from holiday. Steering Wheel Control Unit change has not cured the problem. They said that they had detected, during testing, an "implausible signal" relating to the gear position! Indeed the dealers now accept that the CCU drop out is now even more frequent. Skoda UK have instructed the dealer NOT do do any more work on the car as the problem has been referred to the Factory. I now have my car back and await for the Factory to get to the bottom of the problem. Has anybody else got any further forward? I still think that this is a software issue - any updates aki78? At least now Skoda are accepting that there is a problem.

Good Day All

Thanks for some very interesting reading. My vRS TDI DSG is only a matter of day old. On my first trip out to Norwich I noticed this problem. Next trip to my place in France (where I am now) I also noticed the problem 3or4 times, I was in normal mode on the autoroute.

I have just reported the problem to my dealer to register it as problem, to make Skoda aware that there are other cars with the same problem!

So thanks a lot guys for the info

Steve

Back from holiday. Steering Wheel Control Unit change has not cured the problem. They said that they had detected, during testing, an "implausible signal" relating to the gear position! Indeed the dealers now accept that the CCU drop out is now even more frequent. Skoda UK have instructed the dealer NOT do do any more work on the car as the problem has been referred to the Factory. I now have my car back and await for the Factory to get to the bottom of the problem. Has anybody else got any further forward? I still think that this is a software issue - any updates aki78? At least now Skoda are accepting that there is a problem.

Hi PAPS,

On Friday my dealer updated my DSG with the new software from the factory.

Today I tested my car (100 km + 50 km + 150 km continuous driving on motorway with 10-15 min. stops)...and it seems to be okay now...

I can tell you more at the end of the week, I'm not 100% percent sure at the moment...

My dealer also told me that they can update our other 2 company cars with this new software (with the same CC issue).

Fingers crossed :)

Feel free to use my VIN if it helps...I think this case is registered in Skoda's system.

And yes it is a SW issue, I had 2 data readouts then the new SW was arrived in 2 weeks...really fast response from Skoda.

Had mine scanned last Thursday and there were fault codes logged. I don't have the scan results but was told one relates to a speed sensor. The problem has been referred to the factory and my dealer is waiting a response.

I can now confirm that the software update recall 24AU has NOT fixed the CC turning off issue with my car.

Will be contacting my dealership this afternoon to inform them.

What other "software fixes" have any of you had?

TIA

I can now confirm that the software update recall 24AU has NOT fixed the CC turning off issue with my car.

Will be contacting my dealership this afternoon to inform them.

What other "software fixes" have any of you had?

TIA

The only thing I know that mine was only a DSG software update.

In my car there were NO fault codes logged.

The problem was the self cancelling.

The longest journey was < 100 km continuous driving without the self cancel.

In the last three days I drove about 500 km without any problem.

Tomorrow I will go for a ~ 600 km cirlce. If nothing happens I will say: Yes, this update solved the problem!

You can find my VIN in this topic, feel free to use it, ask your dealer to look after the things.

Tomorrow I will go for a ~ 600 km cirlce. If nothing happens I will say: Yes, this update solved the problem!

You can find my VIN in this topic, feel free to use it, ask your dealer to look after the things.

Thanks for the update, looks like there is a separate "fix" for the CC cutting out.  I'll call SUK tomorrow and use 3 x VIN's found on this thread as reference and get them to apply the DSG update next.

Good Day All

Thanks for some very interesting reading. My vRS TDI DSG is only a matter of day old. On my first trip out to Norwich I noticed this problem. Next trip to my place in France (where I am now) I also noticed the problem 3or4 times, I was in normal mode on the autoroute.

I have just reported the problem to my dealer to register it as problem, to make Skoda aware that there are other cars with the same problem!

So thanks a lot guys for the info

Steve

Do you mean the CC self cancelling problem or the random switching on of CC and it accelerating when you least expect (or want) it to?  

If the former, it looks like AKI's car has been successfully fixed with software.  The latter appears to be a batch of dodgy CC switches which your dealer should be able to replace.  

Either way, I am fairly confident we have a cure available so the waiting is almost over.

Thanks for the update, looks like there is a separate "fix" for the CC cutting out.  I'll call SUK tomorrow and use 3 x VIN's found on this thread as reference and get them to apply the DSG update next.

Me too.  They still haven't fitted my mud flaps so I'll remind them about that too.

I suggest you to use my VIN because my problem is solved now (I hope so)!

Maybe it's still an open case at Skoda I don't know.

If everything is okay I will let my dealer know about it (on Friday) and they can give a feedback to Skoda.

Tell me if your dealer can't find any info, then I'll try to help you.

OK guys, I did more than 1000 km since the SW update.

So I can say this self cancel issue is solved for me.

In the past there were about 10 self-cancels in 1000 km.

Happy :)

• Like 2

Great news, Aki.  I'll book mine in for the same.

Did they tell you what the SW update name/code was that they used? 

Great news, Aki.  I'll book mine in for the same.

Did they tell you what the SW update name/code was that they used? 

Hi Smeghead,

Sorry, I don't know anything about name/code...

I suggest you to use my VIN because my problem is solved now (I hope so)!

Maybe it's still an open case at Skoda I don't know.

If everything is okay I will let my dealer know about it (on Friday) and they can give a feedback to Skoda.

Tell me if your dealer can't find any info, then I'll try to help you.

Thank you aki78.

I've logged a case with SUK and someone will be contacting me within the next 48 hours. Probably Tues / Weds next week due to UK Bank Holiday.

I'll reference your VIN and see what they come up with!

Edited by mightychipster

Thank you aki78.

I've logged a case with SUK and someone will be contacting me within the next 48 hours. Probably Tues / Weds next week due to UK Bank Holiday.

I'll reference your VIN and see what they come up with!

If they fail to find any info then let me know and I'll try to help (make a contact with my dealer or something like that).

Good luck

Hi

I just thought I would, also register my problem with SUK, so they also have a record of the number of cars having this problem. They kept referring me to the dealer to look at my car. I have already registered my problem with the dealer, but I only got back from France yesterday, so have been unable to get to the dealer. As a matter of interest, on the way home yesterday it dropped out 4 times!

After the experances of the people of the forum, there is no way that they are changing parts or test driving the car to see if they can "sort" the problem. When it looks like its a software problem with the DSG!!

Steve

I called my dealer today - I meant to do it earlier but didn't get a chance.  Dealer spoke to SUK who still say they know nothing of the problem.  Worse still they closed my case as it has been open more than 3 months so assumed it was OK now.  Not impressed with SUK one little bit.

Luckily my dealer's very good but this is appalling from SUK.  Dealer has reopened the case and given them Aki's VIN as evidence of the fault. 

So my message to all who have reported the issue of CC cancelling itself.... Get onto your dealer and hassle them. I will be making a nuisance of myself now until it's sorted!

Thanks

My vRS has been booked into my dealer on Tuesday, I will not let them test drive the car, as the problem only happens on a LONG run. I dont want them putting any additional mileage (its now on only less than 1200 miles) on my car when we all seem to know where the problem lies!!

Will report back next week.

Steve

Thanks

My vRS has been booked into my dealer on Tuesday, I will not let them test drive the car, as the problem only happens on a LONG run. I dont want them putting any additional mileage (its now on only less than 1200 miles) on my car when we all seem to know where the problem lies!!

Will report back next week.

Steve

My dealer did not contact the factory/hungarian distributor until they test drove my car...I think this is some kind of protocol and understandable for me. They have to replace the error first.

Our company has (had) 3 brand new car with the same self cancel cc issue but it wasn't enough just complaining about...I also sent e-mails with detailed description about the issue.

Let your dealer test drive your car and he will believe you easier.

Maximum of 100 km on highway... (if it's the same problem as ours)...

I was angry as you and I visited my dealer 6 times until they sorted the problem. 1) Search for fault codes, 2) stalk replace, 3) test drive (took 2 days, because on the first day they tested for only 30 kms and the self cancel didn't happen) , 4) data reading for the factory, 5) data reading (again) and 6) finally the update. Every visit took me 1,5 hours (go there and back) + minimum 1-2 hours magazine reading at the shop.

When they replaced the stalk the other day I noticed that my steering wheel is not in the centre and makes weird noises when turned (faulty re-mount). So next time I had to wait additional 1 hour for fixing their previous work. Otherwise since then there is a chirp noise from behind the steering wheel on every bump so they have to fix things again on the next service.

If you are lucky after the test drive they will contact the factory and you have to visit them only for a S/W update later (developed for my car :))

Hopefully the new S/W is also suitable for vRS (our cars are Elegances).

Good luck :)

aki78

Many many thanks for your feed back, without your posts on this forum, I would not be so well advised as I am now. I have probably more info on the problem than the dealer. I don't suppose that they will like that!! All the same, I will make sure that I speak to the "after sales manager" when I take the car in on Tuesday. Will report back later. Again thanks for your help and support.

Have a good weekend all.

Steve

My first post to this excellent forum. After 5 months & 10k miles, the orange CC warning light now has started to come on when CC selected and of course it then doesn't function. Doesn't happen every time. Have not noticed CC drop out or come on by itself (very worrying!). Car is a 2.0 Elegance manual. It's a lease car so I shall shortly be on the phone to the lease company.

My first post to this excellent forum. After 5 months & 10k miles, the orange CC warning light now has started to come on when CC selected and of course it then doesn't function. Doesn't happen every time. Have not noticed CC drop out or come on by itself (very worrying!). Car is a 2.0 Elegance manual. It's a lease car so I shall shortly be on the phone to the lease company.

The fact that the warning light is illuminated should mean that there is a fault code logged which should help the dealer resolve this quickly.

From my experience the Cruise Warning & StopStart Error are what the driver will see when there is some kind of problem with the powertrain (because these functions are rendered unavailable by the error). The cause of the problem can often be something completely unrelated.

• Like 1

Hi

Just update you. I took the vRS into the dealers yesterday, and as suspected they found nothing. They have reset the CC. They also checked for software updates, but as the car is just one month old, every thing is up to date. They have the job still open as I need to give the car a long test drive. The problem is that may not get used again till early July, when I return to our place in France. I have given them aki78 VIN number, so they will look into this if I am still having problems.

Some ask why I will not use my new toy for another month. The wife's Roomster (and her!!) are off to France on Friday for a couple weeks, but I have my Monte for normal transport. It's booked in next week for a custom exhaust, can't wait.

All the best and please update this thread with any more problems - it all helps our case,!

Steve