Roomster head lights

Dinas

awright mate

depends whether you have the projector headlight or not. ive got night breaker unlimited bulbs on mine in the projector unit. they go for miles with a fairly white light. aside from that look into HID kits which are really powerful but technically illeagal.

theyre a bit tricky to fit if you have big hands there plenty of info in the handbook about though,

Hi Dinas, yes they were a shock to me too, first drive in the dark soon after buying the car (second-hand), however I quickly took advice on here and sourced Philips X-treme Vision H7 direct-replacement bulbs from an online firm called Powerbulbs, good quick service, about £15 a pair but worth it, and they don't consume any more power or run any hotter; and as others say, not difficult to fit, just take your time and memorize exactly how the old ones fitted as you remove them. Philips claim 100% longer beam, they're now adequate rather than atrocious; simply a better engineered bulb than cheapo ones!

I imagine you could ring Powerbulbs for advice as to which of the two types you'll require, or ring the parts dept at a Skoda dealership and quote the Reg, they should be able to advise. Let us know how you get on.

Richard

I tried any number of bulb upgrades, night breakers, x-trend vision, PIAA 100w and wasn't impressed with any of them.

A last ditch attempt before sourcing a set of reflector headlight units saw me taking a punt on an HID kit for around £28.

I've never looked back. Much better light output, better beam pattern, all together better.

Are they hard to change?

The dips are hard to change on the 1.6 CR Tdi 105 diesel.  I've given up trying.  Although I'm told it can be done with a certain amount of dismantling.

I asked from my dealer to replace my bulbs with Osram Nightbreaker(1) ones and then rise the beam just a hair from the upper limit of the photometre (the device they use to adjust light beam). Since then, about a year and something, I have ideal lighting without annoying oncoming drivers. Note that my car has reflector headlights, using H4 bulbs.

(1) It took him no more than three minutes to replace bulbs in both of the headlights. Impressive!

• Like 1

If you can't be bothered to go down the HID route, go for either the Nightbreakers or the Xtreme Visions.

Amazon has them on super deals.

Nightbreakers for £15, Xtremevision for £20

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Osram-Breaker-Unlimited-64210NBU-Headlight/dp/B00EPLCPRG

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-12972-XVS2-X-Treme-Vision-Bulbs/dp/B00440CWCG

Looks to me from your post here that you have projector headlights, which will be the H7 bulbs

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/302758-buying-a-roomster-this-week/#entry3615328

• 2 weeks later...

You will need to unbolt the three torx fixings holding the fuel filter in place and shove it to one side in order to change the offside bulb,

what a palaver!