Locked keys in car

Today I locked the keys in the boot..doh!

The thing is the car has Kesey and so this should not happen.

Has anybody else done this stupid thing,and more importantly is there a problem with the system.

I have tried to lock my Kessy keys in the car and boot but I could not (did have spare handy just in case) that is all I can say. So I would go for a fault if I was you.

Has anybody else done this stupid thing,and more importantly is there a problem with the system.

I left the keys in the car a few times and it wouldn't lock until I had them outside the car.  I also opened the boot via the middle (boot only) button on the fob and left the keys in the boot  - when I tried to close it just kept reopening itself.  Sounds like a fault alright.  Hope you weren't stuck somewhere!

Nearly happened tonight to me, I opened the boot, put my jacket in, including my keys, hit the button to close the boot and walk around to the drivers door, no reaction from the handle after two or three hits. Lucky I managed to get back to the boot and stop it fully closing.

I left the keys in the car a few times and it wouldn't lock until I had them outside the car.  I also opened the boot via the middle (boot only) button on the fob and left the keys in the boot  - when I tried to close it just kept reopening itself.  Sounds like a fault alright.  Hope you weren't stuck somewhere!

I fookin was... The keys were in my jacket pocket. Put shopping and jacket into boot and closed it. It popped open,so I closed it again. This happened two or three times, I thought I was doin something wrong. It stayed closed but only then I realised the keys were inside. Eek

Once I had my keys in my jacket pocket instead of trousers. Put jacket into boot because it was wet (raining). The doors were already unlocked but when I tried to start the car (KESSY) I was informed the key was not found. Maybe the signal can be shielded or lost if the key is wrapped up and far enough away was the sensor. Then again I may be talking rubbish because I know very little about eletrickery and even less about canbuses and cancars.

• Like 1

Interesting related issue, which I'm still thinking through. I've been unable to lock my Kessy combi several times. Maxidot says 'key not found' even though it's been in my pocket or hand. Occasionally unable to start for same reason. Random hitting key buttons, door touch points, start button have eventually sorted it...but no logical pattern. On one time in Germany took half an hour to lock it. And then, it happened at my dealers (while visiting to discuss wife's car) and I got the techs to have a look, then even took a picture of maxidot. They said 'we'll sort it at service'.

So this week it went for service. I reminded them of problem when I booked it in...and asked at end. 'We couldn't find a fault' they said. I pointed out that it had one, they'd even pictured it...but was told to 'monitor the situation'. Not sure what this will achieve...it has an identified problem, and they've witnessed it whether or not it's showing onntheir computer.

When I asked what to do if it gets worse...or abroad...and the advice was 'call the AA' and wait.

Am I being hoodwinked? Car is one yr old, under waranty and this was its first 20,000 mile service. I feel I'm being left out in the rain...

Once I had my keys in my jacket pocket instead of trousers. Put jacket into boot because it was wet (raining). The doors were already unlocked but when I tried to start the car (KESSY) I was informed the key was not found. Maybe the signal can be shielded or lost if the key is wrapped up and far enough away was the sensor. Then again I may be talking rubbish because I know very little about eletrickery and even less about canbuses and cancars.

Just because you say you don't know much does not mean your observations don't make sense.

I haven't tested this with my Superb yet, but hubby did the same thing with his VW about 18 months ago which has keyless entry. Opened boot, put rucksack in. Boot locked itself after closing. Only when he couldn't open car did he realise keys were in rucksack and not in his pocket!

Interesting related issue, which I'm still thinking through. I've been unable to lock my Kessy combi several times. Maxidot says 'key not found' even though it's been in my pocket or hand. Occasionally unable to start for same reason. Random hitting key buttons, door touch points, start button have eventually sorted it...but no logical pattern.

I have also found I have been unable to unlock my Kessy combi several times. And I get 'key not found' initially when trying to start. A second try, it seems to start up. Key is always in my jeans pocket, so no obvious reason as to why it is intermittently not working.

Sarah

I find myself just using the fob sometimes as its quicker which defeats the purpose!  The sensitivity on the doors appears to vary quite a bit especially if its wet they don't always respond.  I'm not convinced about KESSY, it certainly has some advantages but the system still needs some refinement.  Also getting 'key not found' occasionally and I'm literally holding it

• Like 1

I find myself just using the fob sometimes as its quicker which defeats the purpose!  The sensitivity on the doors appears to vary quite a bit especially if its wet they don't always respond.  I'm not convinced about KESSY, it certainly has some advantages but the system still needs some refinement.  Also getting 'key not found' occasionally and I'm literally holding it

Yes I end up using the key fob. I have noticed it seems less responsive at times when wet. It always seems to not work when I am holding onto my three year old in one hand to stop him running off in the car park and the other hand is full carrying bags, books, etc, or when I have lots of shopping!

Having just quickly read part of the manual, unless I am mistaken, it seems to be saying that if you don't unlock the car within 60 hours of locking it then the KESSY on passenger door is deactivated and after 90 hours the drivers door is too. I do seem to find it doesn't work if I haven't used car for few days, so this may be why. Still doesn't explain why it sometimes doesn't work after only about 10 mins! I will pay closer attention to which times it doesn't work and when I also get the no key found message inside the car.

Sarah

• Like 1

I have found that my car sometimes doesn't respond to the drivers door handle to unlock, and I have to press the fob. I've assumed that this is down to a wearing battery in the fob, but reading this maybe it's a common fault?

I tested locking my keys in the boot too. Definitely possible! Good job I did it on my drive with the spares sitting by the front door!

With regards to the doors not responding, I find that if I have left the car for a long time, I have to pull the door handle, wait half a second or so and pull it again then it seems to unlock.

On a related note, does anyone know if it is possible to make it so that when you pull the drivers door, it unlocks all doors instead of just the one door? My girlfriend doesnt seem to like the car not letting her into the passenger side when I get in :P.

With regards to the doors not responding, I find that if I have left the car for a long time, I have to pull the door handle, wait half a second or so and pull it again then it seems to unlock.

On a related note, does anyone know if it is possible to make it so that when you pull the drivers door, it unlocks all doors instead of just the one door? My girlfriend doesnt seem to like the car not letting her into the passenger side when I get in :p.

Need to deactivate the selective unlocking function.  Whether you can do this on the car or not I don't know.  VCDS will definitely do it though.

Actually, having re-read it, this isn't an unlocking function, but a swipe function?  Do all doors unlock with just one click of the remote?

I tested locking my keys in the boot too. Definitely possible! Good job I did it on my drive with the spares sitting by the front door!

On a related note, does anyone know if it is possible to make it so that when you pull the drivers door, it unlocks all doors instead of just the one door? My girlfriend doesnt seem to like the car not letting her into the passenger side when I get in :P.

You can set the car to open all the doors in the maxi dot menu. I think it is in the convenience sub menu.

• 3 weeks later...

Ah, thats interesting... only just read this (having asked the dealer to do it at a service last week). Yes, I am talking about the keyless opening, not pressing keyfob buttons. Apparently the dealer tried, but it kept re-setting to just unlock the drivers door every time they turned the car off! Apparently they see very few Kessy cars, so are not that familiar with the settings for them though. I will try looking at the menus again!

The problem is probably related to low battery in the key fob.

I had to change batteries in both of them after 18 months from new. Car would not recognize key for locking and unlocking. Had to use the buttons on the remote to open/close.

• 8 months later...

I have to agree that after replacing the battery in my key fob, my keyless entry has worked perfectly. After being intermittent, it suddenly got considerably worse and hardly worked at all. After a few weeks I got a replace battery in key message.