MDI cable included?

timwolf

My new Yeti is built on it's way to the UK I have been told. I have specced MDI on it, have not asked the salesman if an MDI cable is included. Can anyone tell me if I will be expected to pay extra for one or will it be included?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have MDI on mine - no cable is included.

If you have iPhone 5 you will need to biuy your cable from a vw dealer as skoda dealers do nort supply them.

As my 08 designed Ford Falcon had iPod integration, I assumed a later model euro car would at least have a USB port......seems to be a bit of an issue that should never have been IMO. Has the FL addressed it?

My FL has MDI but did not come with any cables. I found both the Ipod and USB, genuine VW/Skoda, cables on e-bay for under a fiver each including postage, and they work a treat.

Edited by mcalp

I find the mdi interface much better than Bluetooth steaming with my iphone5 - More info on the display, able to select playlists artists & songs using the radio or steering wheel - and it charges my phone.

• Like 1

I find the mdi interface much better than Bluetooth steaming with my iphone5 - More info on the display, able to select playlists artists & songs using the radio or steering wheel - and it charges my phone.

That's the reason why I specced MDI as well. No more fiddling with the phone whilst driving for me :)

It's a bit dangerous.

I went for the Amunsden+ and didn't want to pay the extra for the MDI. Instead, I paid less than £15 for a 32GB SD card. It works with no cables, controlled from the wheel or the screen, and you don't have to take it out when you leave the car.

I have MDI & BT streaming and only use the MDI for music/podcasts & the BT for phone calls.

If I didn't have MDI I would use the media streaming option, but I like to have the phone out of sight and charged up.

Dealers ought to advise at order time that cable is EXTRA ! Seems trivial to ask for payment of £20 or so at handover for a cable that you need to connect to the MDI that you have ALREADY paid around £150 for.

Lean on the dealer/salesman and you may find one miraculously appears......

I think other manufacturers e.g. Fiat, supply as standard.

My Dealer (Turners of Erlestoke) never mentioned the MDI Cable was an extra and upon Car collection just asked which connector I preferred and produced there and then FOC...

I didn't get a cable when I collected my Yeti last June. Checking on here at the time it appeared that you didn't get a cable provided so I bought a 30 pin apple cable from e bay for around £6 and used an Apple 30 pin to lightning converter. I have recently bought a proper MDI lightning cable from VW.

A friend and I both went to collect our Yetis on the same day from different salesmen at the same dealer - his salesman had said that the MDI cable was included , whereas mine told me that the cable was an extra at £29.50. 

My friend was sat at the desk behind me , and after his salesman had issued the cable for free , I asked mine why mine was chargeable. He disappeared out back , and lo and behold a free MDI cable appeared.... :giggle:

It's poor practice from Skoda really to charge £150 odd for an MDI interface which is then useless unless you pay extra for a cable - it would be more customer friendly if one cable was included (and you specify which connector is required) , and then any extras are chargeable ie if you change from an Ipod to a Samsung phone or similar.

Have you asked Skoda UK if you should get a cable?

Good idea. Might do that. Except I am signing the finance docs tomorrow, and I expect Skoda UK offices will be shut by now.

Why, when it has already been pointed out that Skoda do NOT include the leads?

No its been posted that some above didn't get one, and one person didn't when a car collected from the same dealer at the same time did.

IIRC it's one of those items which is included, but doesn't come with the car from the factory and the dealer needs to supply from their parts dept.

You should get the USB cable, I know that. Not sure about the std ipod one. I seem to recall that's included as well, but if you want one of the other cables (micro USB etc) they are extra.

Just letting folk know that if you opt for MDI (like I did) you don't get the aux in connection under the front armrest.

I don't have MDI (but do have Amundsen+) and don't have an aux in under the armrest... unless I can't see it! Where exactly is it supposed to be?