Full Tank!

Hello,

This has probably been posted before but could not find any information on it. 

I am a new owner of an Octavia A5 2006. TDI and wanted to know how many Kms should i expect on a full tank?

So if you can just post the year of your car and the Kms you get out of a full tank that would be very helpful for me.

I average just over 44mpg and get about 475-500 miles from a tank (760-800 km) but my car has a larger tank the the fwd version and the extra weight of 4wd.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I have managed to get 660 out of my 2.0 pd Scout on one occasion driving like a nun on weed, but normally anywhere between 500 and 640 depending on type of driving and weight of right foot.

Since no-one ever seems to agree on what "a tankful" is, can members advise how much fuel they put in when refilling?  Then, even if they can't calculate it, other readers will be able to work out what their actual fuel consumption is in miles per gallon so that meaningful comparisons can be made.  

Edited by Stuarted

Thats 54mpg from a vrs. You sure? That sounds a massive amount even if you only ever drive on the motorway

yup, the mpg guage in car says 51.2mpg at the moment and hasnt been reset in a couple of weeks now.

I was on track to get 700 from a tank once but some "enthusiastic motorway driving" killed that off and only managed 620miles with 30 left on the guage. 

I usualy sit at around 50 - 60 ish on my daily run and proudly say i'm a "good" driver.

2012 Octavia Estate SE PLUS 2.0TDI CR 140PS = 49.4 average

Edited by BEK

Egr delete made the car run properly as the egr was clogged. Before hand i never saw above 52mpg

mines blanked at the turbo, dunno if mines just a bit looser with the miles its done. Since ditching the dpf I have noticed engine braking is reduced though.

On a long steady run I can get up to about 700 miles to a tank maybe more if I did 60mph.

Mixed driving but mainly town we get about 500-550.

Phil

Bloody hell... how?!?! Maybe I have a fault

where do you get it serviced? i do oil and filter + fuel filter every 5k now. cheap as chips to do.