The New Pasty Wagon

PastyBoy

They really show their character with just a remap. :)

and repeat 1000 times

Don't void the warranty. Don't void the warranty. Don't void the warranty. Don't void the warranty. Don't void the warranty. Don't void the warranty. Don't void the warranty. Don't void the warranty. Don't void the warranty. Don't void the warranty. Don't void the warranty. Don't void the warranty.

• Like 1

and repeat 1000 times

Don't void the warranty. Don't void the warranty. Don't void the warranty. Don't void the warranty. Don't void the warranty. Don't void the warranty. Don't void the warranty. Don't void the warranty. Don't void the warranty. Don't void the warranty. Don't void the warranty. Don't void the warranty.

Life is too short.

I tweaked my Yeti at 2,000 miles and took it round Combe. :happy:

You need to get this thing booked in to Brisky How Fast? too.

• Like 2

Good looking car Cliff, I see you bought the FR model, I can only assume this stands for Fox Racing????

See you at Bedford in it??  I have a spare set of BBS wheels if you are going to How Fast.

Very nice. 

On the subject of the Vred Exremes. I've run them for the last few winters and they will hold up in the current weather fine, as long as you don't rag them. I would swap them out in the not too distant future though as they will wear a bit quicker than normal and it wold be a shame to kill them as they are an awesome winter tyre :)

• Like 1

So the car is booked in to my local Seat dealer (sister dealer to the Bristol one we purchased from) for some warranty work/some stuff that shoudl have been sorted before we collected.

It still pulls badly to the left.

A straight steering wheel on a straight road would result in a quick meeting with the central reservation.

The boot light also doesn't work, no biggy but while it's in there i might as well get them to look at it.

The colling fans seem to be running for a long time after a journet has finished.

I had time to park up after work, leisurely head indoor, get changed, come back down stairs, put on coat and shoes and head back outside and the fans were still going. Did think it might be DPF regen heat related but the car gets a few ~70mph dual carriage way miles every day as well as sittingin traffic.

Obviously without a temp guage either i dunno if it is overheating or not! :S

The car has also gained a lovely stone chip on the bonnet which has hacked me off.

Probably 5mm long and a couple across. lovely white primer visible and potentially down to the metal right in the middle.

Shall dig out the touch up stick and polish next time it's washed

so the car went in for it's warranty work yesterday.

they have tracked and aligned it and shock horror it's not that much better than before.

Steering wheel is still off centre to go in a straight line - although the pull has greatly decreased.

so frustrating!

Did have a Mii for 24 hours as a courtesy car though.

As basic spec as it, and it's Citigo & Up brothers are it's not actually as horrific as i expected. 

I recken that despite the 1 litre 75bhp engine it was actually a better place to cruise in than out mk1 Fabia.

Loves to rev too although has a massive overrun when going a quick gear change which can be embarrassing if you are wringing out 1st (so out of a car park of in a residential area)

made a nice growly noise too - much like the 1.2 TSI Rapid hire car i had after my accident.

One oddity is that while it's a 4 door the rear windows don't roll; down they are the pop out at one end type.

Never seen that configuration before!

One oddity is that while it's a 4 door the rear windows don't roll; down they are the pop out at one end type.

Never seen that configuration before!

Now that's just taking basic to a whole new level is that!

"yeah course i'll give you a lift"

"Hop in the back"

"Now you do get your own door so no climbing over a seat inconvenience but you only a window that does this"

8-window-detail.jpg?itok=VKpJgfAj

The 5dr Aygo/C1/107 is the same. Would have thought the idea came from there.

I think 5dr option in this segment looks odd anyway, this only adds to it! 3dr looks way better.

Journey down to cornwall in the Beezer last night, 160 miles topped off nicely with a reading of 65mpg.

At least 10 better than I've ever seen in the Fabias. The CR engine is certainly much nicer than the PD one.

It is starting to feel a little slow though. The linear power delivery and lack of big fat torque spike masks the acceleration somewhat.

You calculated the economy properly yet?

Are/were the fabias asz?

My blt gives a reading of 60-65mpg on those kind of journeys.

I did start a fuelly account for the car but Mrs Pasty took it to Cornwall a couple of weekends ago and put an undetermied amount of fuel in.

I've since had to put an emergency £10 in at a rural garage and then fill up completely so it'll be a while before i can get fuelly back on track.

Yep its the CR way. Remap time ;)

2.0 is a lot more linear - a map would change this!

lalalala i can't hear you

although i do know there's a Revo dealer just up the road :)

Yes, a mapped CR engine gets some of the character back it's missing over the PD.

Best thing I did to the Yeti, made it fun in a similar way to the mk1 Fabia Vrs is.

Linear performance may be good for joe public, but it's boring.

Fuelly says that after a bit of tinkering with incomplete tanks of fuel the overall for the last fill up (or technically 2 and a bit fill ups) was 54.3 mpg

the inital 49.9 i'm writing off a little bit as i guessed at how much fuel we put in.

it was typically on fumes when collected from the dealer. He put £20 in and i topped it off.

assumed 45 litres but who knows

still more than happy 
:thumbup:

Car went back in to the dealer for a rerun of the warranty work on Monday.

The 2 things I said that needed fixing the first time around - non-working boot light and off centre steering wheel - and was told had been fixed, were very much not fixed.

steering wheel still had 5 degrees anticlock wise on to go in a straight line and the boot light still didnt work.

After much apologising they (re)did the tracking and it's now much better whist a new boot lid catch has been ordered as they only replaced the actual light mechanism last time.

They've had to order it in as they sold them all due to a recall - didnt want to check that first time around? nah why would you.

They did wash it though which after a wet 500 miles last weekend was well needed

i even gave Mrs Pasty's car a going over on Sunday so (for the moment at least) we have 2 shiny black cars.

IMAG0100_zps72a649bd.jpg

I also decided that now the sun has come out it was time to get the winter tyres off the front.

Pair of budgets to match those the dealer put on the back ordered.

Pair of budgets arrive.
Pair of budgets returned as i ordered 205/40/17 rather than 215/40/17 (guess i had 205/45/16 still in my head)

fun times.

I have also ordered a tin of Hammerite smooth red off eBay to do the brake calipers with.

That might be a job for the summer though, as with the wedding and honeymoon quickly approaching i'm short of time at the moment.

I do also keep having devious thoughts about plastidip and my alloys.

Problem is i can't decide what colour i'd go for! Too many colours work with black!  :)