Carplay?

No.
Its only available on some new models from Ferrari, Honda, Hyundai, Mercedes & Volvo which will launch in 2014.

Some other manufacturers are to follow in future years but none of the VAG group are currently included.

See the Apple website here:
http://www.apple.com/ios/carplay/

Volkswagen are backing MirrorLink, which to my mind is far superior anyway.

I played with a Golf GTI running it on a Columbus unit and a HTC Phone at MWC in Barcelona and it was great!

P

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Thankfully that petition won't make a jot of difference. I don't want single manufacturer (Apple) lock-in in my car entertainment... I want an open standard.

P

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Thankfully that petition won't make a jot of difference. I don't want single manufacturer (Apple) lock-in in my car entertainment... I want an open standard.

P

You do realize that supporting carplay doesn't lock-in anything? It's just one standard among others. Car manufacturers can support other standards on the same unit.

Wouldn't it make sense to have support for as many multimedia OS/devices as they can? Let the customer choose which one they want to use.

• Like 1

Sorry I may have been too subtle but its not my style, the ironic point I made was that Apple support no other platforms until forced by vast weight of customer complaints yet, you like VAG to support Apple at the drop of a hat.

In addition, my point of view doesn't matter and does not form an arguement or opinion of what Apple choose to do because that is their business, I'll vote with my pound notes and others can vote with theirs.  Hopefully this is vauge and waterdown enough that mods won't clean or remove the thread, I believe the subject of what Apple do or don't do is a sore point on these boards.

Everyone knows it's near impossible to sway Apples approach on anything, but that's beside the point.

I wish all car manufacturers would add support for all the major mobile manufacturers devices and functions and let people choose what they want to use. I wouldn't want my choice of a phone to affect my car chooses nor the other way around.