Those with Ferodo DS2500 brake pads...

Do you find they make a terrible noise when they are cold if you are braking at low speeds (sub 20mph)?

Mine are driving me crazy, It's embarrassing!

If you get them warm they don't do it, On my commute to and from work I don't really get the chance to get them warm.

Hopefully they will redeem themselves at Castle Combe next month.

I won't be buying them again...

Joe

Yep they don't like slow daily driving. Mine make an embarrassing noise as well. But I will be buying more as they are fantastic on track . We took them off of the wife's Furby for the same reason you are experiencing. She now has 312 brakes with OEM pads. Silence ahhhhh.

Lots of performance pads only work properly when hot, quite normal, just using them on the road they will squeal or something. The DS pads are very inconsistent on road cars, I would never use them.  The standard Pagid pads are the best road car pads I have come across, progressive feel cold or hot and no noise, maybe a bit more dust though.

Had the DS2500 on my daily driver 480bhp Subaru - silent and awesome hot or cold - different car than the Fabia that I have now though! I would highly recommend Pagid pads for any car - excellent all round performance. Had them on the Subaru too when it was only running 350bhp as well as other standard cars and they are hard to beat.

Good stuff. What ones should I look out for? Pagid blue?

No, not the blue ones, they are extreme track pads.   The normal Pagid Road pads assuming you are using the car on the road only.

DS2500 on the Impreza. Need a little bit of driving to get a small amount of warmth into them. They feel wooden and non-responsive from cold. Required pedal pressure goes down as they warm up. Have had minor squeal issues. Some recommend bevelling the leading edge of the pads or trying shims.

Track days as well

Sorry, I thought you following on from the OP and only wanted road pads.   I used Pagid road pads for trackdays on my tuned Fabia VRS with 312 discs and they were still up to the job.   If you are thinking of the Pagid blue or other trackday pads then yes they will certainly cope well on the track. As VRS joe says when using them on the road you may well have some squeal or other funny noises as they won't reach their optimum working temperature, you can't have it both ways for one set of pads.

The only pad I wouldn't use for  track and road is the DS2500, they don't grip well at all when cold, they are just for the track.

Edited by Soot1e

Prior going to DS2500 pads I always used Pagid discs and pads for road and track and they worked very well. I just fancied a change so went with the DS2500 pads. I will be changing back

My DS2500 crumbled and fell to pieces!  Ferodo's statement is that the pads have a high ferrous content, as my track car is used occasionally this has lead to the pads getting wet and the ferrous content rusting and crumbling the pads.

I was also told that if I ever washed the car I should always get the brakes hot to dry the pads out.

I got rid of the 312mm set up and DS2500's and bought Brembo's, these were fitted with DS3000 pads and I have to say they are really good, cold or warm there is good braking response and on track they got extremely hot and did not fade at all, the Brembo's went from red to brown too, so cooling ducting has been added.

To the OP, use the pads at CC and get them properly bedded in and my guess is they would improve a bit.