Rattling Door card...?

Has anyone else experienced a loud and annoying constant rattle from their passenger door? I'm pretty sure it is the door card as when I lean over and push on it the rattle stops until i let go again. However the rattle also goes away when their is a passenger in the front.

It really bugs me and even the stereo doesn't mask it - at volume 12 it is still noticeable.

The garage have road tested it twice now and have said that they cannot recreate the fault (standard response it seems). I took them out for this and another issue and specifically said it only happens when I don't have a passenger, the tech said it was probably very simple and didn't need to hear it...

Seems a complete carry on for something that would appear so basic...

Edited by austenw90

Yup. Did it myself, don't trust dealers to sort rattles. Took door card off, put felt tape everywhere there was or could be contact with plastic or metal for the window cables, window switch, locking loom etc. Screwed back together, test drove, bingo.

Now if only after half a roll of tape that I could cure the bleeding binnacle rattle.

• Like 1

Door cards are dead easy to remove

2 t30 screws behind the pull handle plastic trim and two t15 screws at the bottom of the door. It's then only held on with push fit plastic clips. So pull the door card from the bottom outwards, working your way around the edges to top of the door. Then pull the door away from the bottom and up to get it out from the window seal. Then remove the door handle cable and window switch cable. Once you've done 1 door it'll only take you 10mins to get the rest off.

Everyone has it's own unique rattle with the vRS I guess! The latest most annoying issue with mine is a distinct "treble" (as opposed to deep-sounding) rattle from the passenger's side and in particular, the passenger's seat it seams. As if something has gone a bit loose. I've shaken the seat in all possible directions when I'm seating in a stand-still and it looks firm as a rock!! The moment I drove over uneven country roads around my house there it is again. It's also not being heard when there is a (front) passenger in. But I think it's more the seat than the door card, at least it's sounding as it's very near me!

My seat rattles were from the headrest plastic caps

This is a separate one but it's too quiet to notice without music completely turned off and if not paying attention. The one I was referring to is on a different level!!

Lol, I did spend a whole day getting rid of rattles. I'm now down to a rear boot creaking and front of the dash either side. When I push the whole dash forwards it goes away. Stuffing foam down the gaps should sort it tho.

Think I'm gonna loob the boot tho

My seat rattles were from the headrest plastic caps

That may be what I'm hearing from the back near side seat!

I thought it was the seatbelt latches knocking together, but i messed with those and it didn't stop.

Is there any way to get rid of the head rest rattle?

Lol, I did spend a whole day getting rid of rattles. I'm now down to a rear boot creaking and front of the dash either side. When I push the whole dash forwards it goes away. Stuffing foam down the gaps should sort it tho.

Think I'm gonna loob the boot tho

Oh, the dash! I have a distinct creaking from the front left dash corner (which in my car is the driver's side also) almost every morning I'm driving off. If I push it down with my hand I can easily reproduce it. Fine. But when I get in the car to go for lunch or any other time later of the day, it's like it's been cured. No creaks. Then again the next morning it is there... I have stopped worrying about this and other minors issues like this because I don't want to risk my mental health...

Edited by newbie69

• 3 years later...

Ive got this annoying rattle on the passenger door it seems to be the electric window switch

Going to give in & remove the door card doing my nut in