2015-model

I just added electric seats and folding mirrors on my order from January. Was at build week 34, waiting to hear if that has affected it :/

I pouched about ACC again, but definitely a no. The radar unit is 'only' £434, but he reckons the labour and other ancillaries to retro fit would make it cost prohibitive.

I asked if these could be added to my order, again placed in January and was told I would have to pay £440 due to the price increase. Did you have to pay this?

Edited by Alex1980

Yea, I paid £700 including the adjustment for the cruise now being free. How did you get it for £440!!??

That's just what they quoted me on top of the cost of the options.

Edited by Alex1980

Tried to change my order and surprise surprise, its gone from a build week sometime in June to be being told today its being built next week, confirmed week 20. So not only can I not add anything to my order, I wont get the 2015 model and the flat bottom steering wheel, missed out by 2wks. I've also been told, I've got to MOT and tax my current car for approx. 2wks in June until my new car arrives, as they haven't got any courtesy cars to put me in at the end of the month for two weeks. Not happy :(

Tried to change my order and surprise surprise, its gone from a build week sometime in June to be being told today its being built next week, confirmed week 20. So not only can I not add anything to my order, I wont get the 2015 model and the flat bottom steering wheel, missed out by 2wks. I've also been told, I've got to MOT and tax my current car for approx. 2wks in June until my new car arrives, as they haven't got any courtesy cars to put me in at the end of the month for two weeks. Not happy :(

Model year change really isnt the end of the world, i fell foul to this when I ordered my wifes Fabia vRS estate (now long gone) as car was a late model year build and we missed out on black pack which was something I really wanted at the time. Sadly would mean cancelling the order and reordering which would lose you your deposit, just is not worthwhile.

Think the dealership absolutely could do something to loan you a car for two weeks though, thats poor customer service. Id have a quiet word with the dealer principle, if that doesnt work get on to Skoda UK and express your views on poor customer service.

Hiya,

I'm currently looking into placing an order for an Octavia Elegance Estate and just noticed the Sport Design Packages that have recently become available (Silver of Black) - anyone got any pics of them on the car??

Hiya,

I'm currently looking into placing an order for an Octavia Elegance Estate and just noticed the Sport Design Packages that have recently become available (Silver of Black) - anyone got any pics of them on the car??

They have a nice 17" wheel option now but both the black and silver packages IMHO look bloody terrible and amount to some horrible looking vinyl decals down the side of the car and across the tailgate lip.

Also whilst the supersport steering wheel looks nice in isolation it does not suit SE or Elegance spec particularly well IMHO; they should have just offered the regular 3 spoke wheel or made that standard fit on Elegance models at least.

Dont tell me that 3 spoke wheel now only comes as flat bottom? I though this was just for the vrs models?

Edited by toni8b

Just had a look through the MY15 changes pdf file and while I can see the text about the sport style packs, I cant find any images on the skoda website or the internet in general. Anyone know of anywhere that shows the spoiler in question on the car and how the door trims look for either pack or even better for both? I quite fancy adding them to my order this week.

Just had a look through the MY15 changes pdf file and while I can see the text about the sport style packs, I cant find any images on the skoda website or the internet in general. Anyone know of anywhere that shows the spoiler in question on the car and how the door trims look for either pack or even better for both? I quite fancy adding them to my order this week.

After a bit more looking and expanding my search for outside of the UK I've found out that the sports pack is just not worth it as it's not really anything that brilliant other than an extended lip on the hatch, I was partly hoping for something akin to the VRS spoiler/wing. Some decent images of what appears to be included I've tracked down on the skoda latvia website.

http://www.skoda.lv/files/accessories/octavia.pdf

Bits are all on pages 4-7.

• Like 1

Dont tell me that 3 spoke wheel now only comes as flat bottom? I though this was just for the vrs models?

No looks like the regular 3 spoke wheel has been done away for the supersport flat-bottom one. Can be had on a manual car now but the flat bottomed wheel definitely doesnt suit an SE or Elegance spec car IMHO.

TBH I don't see it as an issue for those awaiting their car ... a flat bottomed wheel is only something useful in a low slung sports car with little or no steering adjustment for taller drivers (could have used one my 300Z) but a car such as the Octy has plenty of adjustment and  room anyway.

Cruise .. TBH I have it on mine as I got a car someone else ordered , but I didn't spec it on my order. Anytime I am on motorway / dual carriageway, there is too much traffic to keep a constant speed. At £180 its hardly going to make any odds for those that can make use of it. Certainly not worth cancelling your order for IMO.

TBH I don't see it as an issue for those awaiting their car ... a flat bottomed wheel is only something useful in a low slung sports car with little or no steering adjustment for taller drivers (could have used one my 300Z) but a car such as the Octy has plenty of adjustment and  room anyway.

Cruise .. TBH I have it on mine as I got a car someone else ordered , but I didn't spec it on my order. Anytime I am on motorway / dual carriageway, there is too much traffic to keep a constant speed. At £180 its hardly going to make any odds for those that can make use of it. Certainly not worth cancelling your order for IMO.

I just sold my 300 :(

I had the flat bottom wheel in my Rocco and being long in the leg and the car having highish sided seats, it proved useful in making it a little easier to get in and out of the car.

I notice it's a bit tighter to get into the vRS with a round steering wheel which also has high sided seats so I see this change as a good and to a degree, a practical thing.

Sorry does anyone actually think their SWMBO is gonna make sure they leave the flat bottom at the bottom when finishing what they call parking ?

Its an Fn achievement if mine manages to park without denting all four alloys let alone introducing a fifth wheel to be considered.

• Like 4

Sorry does anyone actually think their SWMBO is gonna make sure they leave the flat bottom at the bottom when finishing what they call parking ? Its an Fn achievement if mine manages to park without denting all four alloys let alone introducing a fifth wheel to be considered.

Harsh, but true of mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harsh, but true of mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly yes, this of course is a concern...