vRS and S3

Hi All,

just thought id do a little post about the vRS. This is now our 3rd Octy vRS having had the mk1, mk2 and now the mk3. After initial disappointment with the rather understated vRS it has to be said I am not loving the look and stance of the mk3. it really has grown on me and you really notice a lot of the finer details which has brought the car and design more uptodate in the skoda and VAG range.

the car is without doubt better than the mk2, fit, finish and design it is just that bit better in all areas. space is better again with rear leg room brilliant and boot space fantastic.

options list is now one that rivals VW and sadly the price too ;) that said its a lot of car for the cash (as long as you get a deal) nice touches like the heated screen, leather and canton all add to the package. canton is good and a worth upgrade but definitely falls short with other manufactures ive heard :( still a decent upgrade tho

ive added a few pics of the car and of the S3 too sorry just quick pics on phone so not great quality :(

1.jpg

2.jpg

securedownload-1.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

3.jpg

• Like 2

Nice combination. Is that Daytona grey on the s3? So clearly from the same family, quite spooky!

hi mate its monsoon grey. yeah definitely tell its the same family

What was the difference in purchase price?

What is the best bang for the buck?? (in your or the missus's opinion)

list price must be about £5k anyway. that said the S3 came with a rather nice discount (where as the octy only came with a 6%) and some extras free so brought them closer. Monthly figure is about £50 per month different

hard to say best. they are surprisingly similar in many ways but also different in lots of other ways. you can tell they are based on similar under pinings. S3 is faster, seems more nimble, better traction obviously, sound system better, interior fit and finish better. Octavia is better value compared to the S3 but not compared to the mk1 and 2 as its come up to VW pricing. space is the huge win and why we bought it. boot is huge and interior space better. kit is decent and few extras are good too.

• Like 1

Kenny,

Appreciate your  openness.

Is the £50 a month differential, on the same basis- 0%,3 years ,free servicing and mileage per annum and similar deposit % if applicable.

Kenny,

Appreciate your openness.

Is the £50 a month differential, on the same basis- 0%,3 years ,free servicing and mileage per annum and similar deposit % if applicable.

The £50 is just approx, sorry the S is 48 months and vRS 42. All other variables the same. Deposit same. Took me 10 plus dealers to get the deal on the S mind you as most were selling more than their allocation

• Like 1

Thanks mate :)

No worries mate, credit where it's due.

Despite that other post re the VRS and the Golf R debate, out of interest, any reason why you didn't go for the Golf R?

There's something to be said for a well built car with power and traction that gives you that extra bit of confidence when pressing on,...

Is that both on a PCP?

I'm guessing the S3's residuals help it then, particularly as you got a nice discount too.

Yip, the residuals on S are good and discount helped too

No worries mate, credit where it's due.

Despite that other post re the VRS and the Golf R debate, out of interest, any reason why you didn't go for the Golf R?

There's something to be said for a well built car with power and traction that gives you that extra bit of confidence when pressing on,...

Golf wasn't out when I ordered. And being honest I went to see the Gti when buying the octy and was a let down. The R is nice but prefer the looks if the S3. Not much in it other than that as price and running gear are as good as the same

how do people sleep with all these fiancé deals/debt?

Simple, I can pay them off if I want to. No point of tying lots of cash up in a car.

Both manual boxes

• Like 2