AM04 Turbo Power Results

Hi, Some of you are aware that we have produced a True Bolt on K04 for K03 equipped vehicles. This turbo is 85% K04-22/23 as on TT/LCR/S3 210/225bhp engines. Our turbo bolts on to a stock K03 Downpipe, K03 mannifold, K03 lines and K03 Intercooler pipe. The only modifications for it to fit are a new oil feed line (supplied) and a new Turbo Inlet Pipe (S3/TT/LCR or similar)

Original info & Pics is here:

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=46664

Power details are here:

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?p=686207

Alot of people have used us through K03 'Sport' Turbos and had good results of around 240bhpish, we feel this is the next step/evolution and now the 'fill' for the [power gap between K03s and Big turbo (240-300+)

What do people think?

dyno.jpg

• 2 months later...

Speak to Bill Brockbank (badger 5) for those who know him and Jabbasport as they have both driven the car and have both driven E05, and Jabba mapped both for their unbiased opinions

Would anyone be interested in our AM04 turbo, Prices start at

definitly interested in the kit at the right price.

what spec was the car that got those figures??

my k03s produces arounf the same torque all be it with a different curve to it. would like to figure out if this would be much of a gain over my current(knackered sounding) turbo :)

so more info please :D

just looked at one of the links and it seems that the car has FMIC/CAI/bigger downpie/highflow cat/cat back system/new injectors etc so i wouldn't see massive gains from this kit compared my current turbo in terms of peak numbers but the overall curve looks nice :)

what does the

just looked at one of the links and it seems that the car has FMIC/CAI/bigger downpie/highflow cat/cat back system/new injectors etc so i wouldn't see massive gains from this kit compared my current turbo in terms of peak numbers but the overall curve looks nice :)

what does the

The car had 3" dp/2.5" exhaust, FMIC and CAi with other bits above, i.e. injectors/maf etc.

However bear in mind on the Ibiza the SMIC and exhaust is alot smaller than that of a golf

TBH you do need these extras cause I would imagine the stock ones wont be able to flow the air for it

The same set up achieved 240bhp on K03s turbo @ Jabba

The AM04 figures were on Jabbas NEW rollers not the old ones.

my car has a CAI, blueflame turbo back system with highflow cat, samco tip, other samco boost pipe(goes to the throttle body), uprated clutch/flywheel and fmic(may have forgotton a few things)so all in place except the injectors really. whatabout the FPR?? do you have the standard 3bar of 4bar?

my car made 226bhp and 256lbft on 95ron fuel still with the standard exhaust

Shock_Xe, have you got any wheelpower figures?

Im assuming you are quoting flywheel power?

I think this information is needed to assess if its going to be a worthwhile upgrade over the K03sport.

my car has a CAI' date=' blueflame turbo back system with highflow cat, samco tip, other samco boost pipe(goes to the throttle body), uprated clutch/flywheel and fmic(may have forgotton a few things)so all in place except the injectors really. whatabout the FPR?? do you have the standard 3bar of 4bar?

my car made 226bhp and 256lbft on 95ron fuel still with the standard exhaust[/quote']

I run a 3bar, used to run 4 bar on stock injectors and k03s, but they were at max duty cycle at 240-250bhp.

Plus I wanted to run 3bar again so i could use vag com and so the pump wasnt under extra stress

you will possibly need the larger maf housing for more air flow too

Shock_Xe' date=' have you got any wheelpower figures?

Im assuming you are quoting flywheel power?

I think this information is needed to assess if its going to be a worthwhile upgrade over the K03sport.[/quote']

I went from K03-K03s then Am04. In my experience and people who have driven it, I describe the jump from k03s-am04 the same as k03-k03s.

Basically more shove through mid range while holding it longer,

Looking at the graph where the gain is, is that it holds 240-250+ upto and into 7krpm its not just about peak figures, its how long it holds the power for and I gurantee u a K03s will only peak 240bhp never mind go past that and hold it into 7krpm

Speak to jabba and badger for their thoughts guys as they both driven it and k03s cars and jabba mapped it so no unbiased comments from me

Shock, have you got any wheelpower figures?

Or even better a printout showing wheelpower and where it lies?

My K03s has over 200whp from 4000rpm onwards, peaking at 226whp.

If I upgrade I want the difference to be clearly noticable.

Shock' date=' have you got any wheelpower figures?

Or even better a printout showing wheelpower and where it lies?

My K03s has over 200whp from 4000rpm onwards, peaking at 226whp.

If I upgrade I want the difference to be clearly noticable.[/quote']

I have got the graph somewhere will try and dig out out and find it. Surely the WHP will differ from cars as mine has different transmission etc than yours and different loadings??

FYI runs were done on Jabbas NEW rollers not the old ones (old ones were a little loose :p )

The graphs are pretty similar to chipped LCR/S3/TT 210/225 variants when we compared them at jabba

• Administrators
I went from K03-K03s then Am04. In my experience and people who have driven it' date=' I describe the jump from k03s-am04 the same as k03-k03s.

[/quote']

Erm not wishing to poop but I've owned a 4x4 (K03) and the vRS (k03s) both on the same remapped software and didn'nt pick up any major differences, in fact often leaving an RS behind; but thats gearing and traction ;) . I'm sure there is a difference, but thats not how I'd be sold on it as in my mind that's not a huge leap.

How about I do a before and after run same day, say Awesome's RR as it's popular at present, I'll pay for the labour ;) Even a day around wales or a circuit to get a good feel for it?

I have got the graph somewhere will try and dig out out and find it. Surely the WHP will differ from cars as mine has different transmission etc than yours and different loadings??

FYI runs were done on Jabbas NEW rollers not the old ones (old ones were a little loose :p )

The graphs are pretty similar to chipped LCR/S3/TT 210/225 variants when we compared them at jabba

.....and Gary's car was similar to LCR's on the Awesome RR so probably not what's needed to convince him!

funny how my k03 equipped car beat k04 cars on the rollers at Dubsport.... and then got noticibly quicker when it had a k04 fitted... having said that the rollers we producing interesting results that day also..

not to mention the fact that there is no such turbo as a k03 sport.......

Funny how my K03 SPORT equiped car was a perfect match on the road for a Revo Stage 2 Leon Cupra R from 70 to 130......

Then matched all but a couple of them on the rollers for peak figures.....

I have had quite a few maps and been in other remapped K03 SPORT equiped cars and none of them come close to how my car is running at present.

What would be interesting though is a Custom-Code mapped K04, if they managed to get my K03 SPORT to this level then it would be interesting to see what they could do with a K04.