Fabia vRS Speaker Makes

As the world of ICE is varied with a host of manufacturers ... are there any ppl would recommend for component and coaxial speakers for the fabia and any that I should steer clear off ?

The OEM ones are starting to get a little crackly.

To be honest its down to personal taste and what suits your particular ears and budget.  Personally, I've heard good things of JL (what I've gone for)Hertz and Focal, but for each positive review there is a negative one in most cases.

One thing I would heartily recommend is go out into a shop and demo some speakers using your own music.  Take your mp3 player, play a track you know back to front.

Again personally I would avoid Vibe, and anything in the 'really cheap' bracket brand new (sub £70), but beyond that, the choice is yours. 

I'm upgrading because my speakers rattle and buzz even at low volumes (fed the right resonant frequency). 

Just my 2p.

Good luck!

As the world of ICE is varied with a host of manufacturers ... are there any ppl would recommend for component and coaxial speakers for the fabia and any that I should steer clear off ?

The OEM ones are starting to get a little crackly.

All depends on your budget really.

As above, vibe are some of the worst sounding speakers i've ever heard so certainly stay clear.

If you dont like harsh sounding tweeters then look for soft dome tweeters in the component set, they should have a softer sound and easier on the ear.

Will you be amping them? If you wont then there are a few which work well off headunit power but dont expect miracles as your headunit will only have about 10watts, if that, per channel

• 2 weeks later...

What about Pyle ?

What wattage output does the standard head unit give ?

I'm assuming that the wattage of the speaker only really comes into play when utilised with an aftermarket head unit/amp ?

Pyle is cheap, poor quality rubbish.

Wattage always comes into play. If run off a headunit (oem or aftermarket) you will have very little power, 10 watts per speaker ish so you want a speaker with high sensitivity and/or low rms.

Once you amp them you have more power so can use less efficent and higher rms rated speakers

I'm upgrading next week:

head unit

amp

dab aerial

speakers.

Will report back with pics

I had the option of going 3 way components in my old mk5 golf r32 but I went 2 way instead. I bought the Focal krx2s and they were absolutely amazing!! No need for 3 ways when you have a sub, and I had the JL audio 13w7 (1500watts RMS) lol

• 4 months later...

Guys/Gals,

I'm in the process of changing the passenger door speaker as it's blown.  Got the door trim off and fond the speaker's fixed with rivets onto a molded plastic base.  Any ideas how to remove without distorting the metal door skin it all sits on?

Thx,

Rob

Guys/Gals,

I'm in the process of changing the passenger door speaker as it's blown.  Got the door trim off and fond the speaker's fixed with rivets onto a molded plastic base.  Any ideas how to remove without distorting the metal door skin it all sits on?

Thx,

Rob

You'll have to drill them out using a smaller drill bit than the diameter of the rivet you'll also have to re-rivet them back in.

I went for Morel Tempo 6's, I picked them up on eBay brand new in their boxes minus the tweeter covers for £90. Very nice sounding speakers for the money but as others have said it all depends on your budget, taste and type of music ect.

Go on to the talk audio forum their will be plenty of knowledgable people to point you in the right direction.