Mk 3 octavia 2ltr diesel

Your fuelly profile (when you click on the FUELLY pictures) is totally different to the single figure displayed on said pictures.

Go look for yourself then check your own eyes

I have and I'm right.

Getting 50mpg out of our 150 4x4 and overall it's a great car; probably the best Skoda to date but as an earlier poster commented I do get occasional low level vibration mainly felt through the accelerator pedal/steering from the engine and tyres over poor surfaces, although I am currently running winters which could account for the latter.

TP

• Like 1

LOL

YOUR FUELLY PROFILE SAYS 42.3MPG AVERAGE

Your last fill up was even worse. Not the 60+ you're claiming is it?.

Last fill up was after the car had been in for a software upgrade. The garage had been leaving the car idling for quite a long time ..........

Have you worked out how to change fuelly to UK mpg yet LOL

Oh, that's why it is called an average, I would have thought such a great scientist as yourself would have known that. Bazinga.

Sent from my phone so please excuse brevity and spelling

• Like 1

I love my 184, great engine and economy isn't as bad as some make out. The warmer weather has affected me for the better with my most recent tank full:

20140404_150913.jpg

The tank was filled last Sunday, with the picture being taken on Friday afternoon.

I love my 184, great engine and economy isn't as bad as some make out. The warmer weather has affected me for the better with my most recent tank full:

20140404_150913.jpg

The tank was filled last Sunday, with the picture being taken on Friday afternoon.

I've seen a marked improvement in mine this last month, a combination of the warmer weather and mine will hit 10k miles today.  Easily getting low 50's on runs over 15 miles, but my average is blighted by my 5 mile commute to and from work.  Current tank is showing an average of 48mpg.

I've seen a marked improvement in mine this last month, a combination of the warmer weather and mine will hit 10k miles today. Easily getting low 50's on runs over 15 miles, but my average is blighted by my 5 mile commute to and from work. Current tank is showing an average of 48mpg.

I'm lucky, my commute is 40 miles each way, 25 miles flat motorway and 15 miles ascending the Welsh valleys on A roads. But agree, warmer weather is seeing a marked improvement, pleasantly surprised!

• Like 1

Most recent long term average (98hrs, so will reset any day now) is 55.2mpg. Just did Edinburgh from Lizard, 575 miles, and got 58.7 one way, 51.9 on the way back. Cruise at 75 where possible on the way, 80 on the way back and dark/wet on the way back.

Getting 50mpg out of our 150 4x4 and overall it's a great car; probably the best Skoda to date but as an earlier poster commented I do get occasional low level vibration mainly felt through the accelerator pedal/steering from the engine and tyres over poor surfaces, although I am currently running winters which could account for the latter.

TP

Same comments about the vibration on my 150 4x4. But I am on summer tyres. Consumption for the last 100 hours was 45mpg.

Edited by ssfan

Absolutely brilliant. There's a bit of vibration at certain revs nothing too much, more than adequate performance with bags of torque, I'm regularly getting 60 + mpg. Great gershift (mine's a manual). It's all the car you'd ever need in the real world.

I get the very occasional bit of vibration. Usually ok after banging the seats about a bit though :whew:

Agree with the fantastic gearshift. Plenty of power, but still getting used to the ways of a diesel. Still rev it more than necessary sometimes when moving up through the gears.

The power delivery is very good. Nice and smooth. Hardly any turbo lag. Certainly better than the 1.6 in this respect.

Acres of space inside. On the whole, very well put together, and with some very nice touches.

Only couple of down points. The steering is too light, and not very engaging. Although saying that, the steering is just right for manouevring.

Also, suspension is quite harsh. Was very bad at first, but its slowly getting better. One benefit of this though, is that there is hardly any body roll, and you dont need to be a racer to appreciate that.

If you cant afford a Jag, then go for the Octavia. But if you can afford the Jag? Well what are you doing here? :rofl:

I'm lucky, my commute is 40 miles each way, 25 miles flat motorway and 15 miles ascending the Welsh valleys on A roads. But agree, warmer weather is seeing a marked improvement, pleasantly surprised!

Lucky in what way? You may have a better consumption figure than someone with a 5 mile daily commute, but you're using a lot more fuel!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Maybe it's because the vast majority of my mileage is on the pan flat straight roads of Lincolnshire or that I'm lucky enough to not get stuck behind the inevitable tractors  I cannot be sure but I do know that having hit the 3.5k mark I do now get into the early 60 mpg's as soon as I take it easy on the right foot.

Even when I do have a bit more fun the 50's are normal.

Great!

Took a 2.0tdi for a 60 mile test drive to run my route to and from work. Did it in the same 8 am to 9 am time slot I normally do and I got 54.6 from a manual in Eco mode. Stuck to the limit without much hard acceleration. I work in the welsh valleys and there are a lot of roundabouts and hills to climb. I recon I could have got 60 on a flat run on a motorway. The car had only done 2.5k miles so it could loosen up a bit. The car didn't have cruise either so it was my right foot keeping the speed constant.

I tried a 1.6 tidy but found that it lacked the power when you really needed it.