Need some help with retrofitting remote locking. Octavia II 1.6 MPi 2007

So I've bought a remote locking system off of ebay..

Its an octopus YK51 that should work with the Octavia.

The wire diagram in the package just gives a rough estimate of how things should be connected so I've been searching around for different guides.

Here is an overview of the YK51:

Yo7c1QK.jpg

I've been looking at jonboyuk's guide - guide2 and gyromain's guide, but I'm still not sure if I feel comfortable with the job I have ahead of me.

Anyone know where I can find a wire diagram for the Octavia? I've been downloading different car manuals from the sticky, but they don't seem to have a wire diagram in them.

What I'm also wondering is if my car has the type 2 negative or type 6 positive locking system.

And my last question. Would it be possible to use the buttons in the mid-console? Parallel-connect trough them?

bZxZ8rT.jpg

Any help would be appreciated  :)

Edited by fUSiON

Hi I fitted remote central locking to my Octavia 2 yr2007 classic 1.6fsi. It is not an easy job! I had to wire it into the grey and white wire in the drivers door lock. You cannot get it to work from the central locking button on the centre console as that was my initial thoughts as well. You also can't wire into the wires in the drivers door boot at the hinges as there is a convenience control module next to the window motor that turns all the wireing into canbus signals for the ECU. I found a guide on briskoda that helps you, with pics of a dark blue diesel 2007 also. You also have to wire the locking wire to the grey and white wire and the unlock trigger to the grey and white wire with an 180ohm resister to trick the canbus into unlocking the door, however I've only ever managed to get the drivers door to unlock on the fob, then I have to manually press the centre consule button to unlock all the other doors, but when I press the lock button on my fob all the door and tailgate lock! So that was good enough for me and 10hrs scratching my head and wireing in resistors and taking the whole drivers door card off etc! So good luck, but it can be done...

Edited by Skippeyskoda

I fitted something similar to my no 1 octy a while ago, and it was definitely a negative trigger for the locking system. I fitted a completely different system to my Alfa many many years ago, and spliced into the centre console buttons for that one. Am on my phone, so can't see what model year you have, but might just be able to find a wiring diagram up to 2006. No promises there though.

By the way I used gyromain's instructions, but did all my wireing manually outside of the remote control unit, so it could be done without souldering. I don't get why Skoda thought we wanted air con, but not remote central locking back then! Anyway I can say my efforts have worked well for 7months now, however sometimes I have to lock the car on the fob before unlocking the drivers door on the fob. I once got all the doors to unlock, but then the electric windows came down too, as the trigger pulse was too long for the canbus. Don't be dispondent, just study gyromains post for an hr or 2 and go for it on a day when you don't need your skody.

I had to wire it as a positive trigger by the way. I needed just thee wires, a positive, a negative and a trigger wire from the grey white wire in the drivers door lock. The lock trigger wires straight to the grey and white wire, the unlock trigger wires to the same but withe a 180ohm resistor the two feed wires for the triggers needs to be wired to the positive feed and the positive to the battery as well. The negative just needs earthing to a bolt in the dash. I took my remote unit out its box and put it in a sealable bag and tucked it above the compartment gyromain used so its hidden. I wired the positive into the fuse compartment that is unused on my model and that is always live.

Edited by Skippeyskoda

i would've just bought a 2nd hand CCM with the correct part number & remote locking & just fitted it in place of the old CCM. That way you can then use Skoda remotes instead of ones that come with the RCL kit.

I've done this for a few customers. 2nd hand CCM's are quite cheap on Ebay

yes they're easy to change, you literally just unplug the old CCM then plug the replacement in. Then code the remote. Price wise they vary, i've seen them on Ebay for anywhere between £20-100. You just need to make sure you get the correct part number as there's quite a few different ones

Oh, sweet. Thanks man! Appreciate the help.

I've been using my multimeter to find out if I need the resistor or not.

Also got some training in taking apart the inside of the door.

But if I can solve it with the CCM id rather do that, then having to struggle more with the set I bought.