As this post contains some excellent details, pinned here for reference since the old documentation post no longer had valid links.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Could anyone advise on how to identify the exact model of a Skoda octavia? I need to order some steering parts but I am being asked for the model number ? Eg. 1U or something similar? Any help is appreciated. Thank you

The previous owner seems to have lost most of the manuals for my Octavia.  I have the 'Owner's Manual' which lists various other documents that were originally supplied with the car including a 'Service Schedule'.  I have what is called a Duplicate Service Schedule listing all the services carried out since new, but it seems deliberately to EXclude the servicing tasks and all the vehicle data. Why do Service Schedules not appear to be available on any of the official Skoda sites? Probably to force us to get the servicing done by franchised dealers.  An ideas on where I could pick up a proper Service Schedule?  Cheers. Rtype

realoem.me

I was checking the manuals for some infos wich are essential to run ElsaWin. I have got the VIN engine&transmission code. But i could not find out my final drive code. Where can i get it??