Octavia - Remote central locking guide with photos!

jonboyuk

• 3 weeks later...

Erk! You need to check the connections that you crimpped to the earth (use a multimeter if necessary). Also I found that it doesn't work properly unless all the doors are shut? Are you sure you have a 2 wire system? What year is your Octy?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've got the same problem, also the lock pulse doesn't activate the alarm, this could be done with a red wire somewere?

Also the warning lights don't work when connected to unit, the colours are the same as in the manual (black/green and black/white).

I suppose the unit switches the lamps to ground or +12V, according to the 2 yellow wires' polarity.

I think my Octavia is a 1997 model with type 2 negative wiring.

André

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey,

Thank you for this excellent guide! I used it as I purchased a Octavia 2001 Classic. The car has a steering wheel on the left, so the underside of the dash is slightly different. However, I located the 23-pin connector and the required pins 2 and 4.

The pin 2 has a wire, but the pin 4 is empty. Is this ok? These pins are also referred in the Defa instructions; see below.

http://www.fvwa.sitefactory.fi/data/6408.jpg

Should I enable the pin 4 somehow? Should locking work with just pin 2? I mean, the pin 4 is used to unlock the car? Now the black box just makes a relay sound, but the doors do not lock/unlock.

The other difference is the hazard warning lights; I have just one wire to use to drive them, so taking a wire from the button won't work; that way I just get the other side working and by splitting the wire I'm afraid to affect normal turning signals.

As a temporary solution I took the wire to the fuse box and connected it to the parking lights. Now unlocking and locking flas the parking lights (and dash, and plate lights...) probably illeagal..

I'd really appreciate any help!

Thanks,

• 4 months later...
I have same problem. 1999 Octavia. locks ok (pin 2) but won't unlock (pin 4). Unit/earthing is OK because if i put white/black wire from unit to pin 2(lock) it locks when i press the unlock button on my fob.

any ideas?

I have just fitted my kit and have exactly the same problem - 1999 Octavia SLX Tdi - does anyone know how to get it working properly -please????

Jules

I have found the solution - everything works now.

It is necessary to put a 180 ohm resistor (one of the small ones from maplin will do) in the black and white wire between the KE60 module and pin 4 of the 23pin connector.

I worked this out as pin 2 and 4 are effectively the two wires from the tailgate key lock. After having problems with grounding pin 4 not unlocking the car I took off the rear lock and put a multimeter across the terminals. The centre is ground, one side is lock and one is unlock.

Turning the key to lock position shows 0 ohms between the ground pin and one of the terminals (ie direct connection). Turning to unlock gave a reading of 180 ohms between the other terminal and the ground one.

I guess this is a security measure so that a thief just shorting the unlock wire to ground does not unlock the whole car.

To fit it, I just wired up the module as per Jons diagram but then cut the black/white wire and soldered a 1/8 watt 180ohm resistor in place and put a short bit of heat shrink tube over the top to insulate it. Job done.

Hopefully this will help those with problems described above.

Hi,

I brought myself an Octavia VRS last week which is great except the remote locking does not work. I have two keys, but neither seem to work. The red light flashes so I assume the batteries are ok? Is there a fuse which may have gone? Any ideas what could be causing this? I'm assuming that all VRS's came with remote locking as standard? Especially as mine has the buttons on the fob.

Any help much appreciated!

Dan.

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

I'm from Hungary, so please forgive me for my bad english.

I've got an Octavia Tour with the 75hp 1.4 16v engine. It's equipped with the convenience control modul. I've got automatic power windows in the front doors.

Can anybody help me with the connection of open and close wire? What pins may I use?

I found a thread in this forum, where somebody said, that he used the wires from door loom, inside the driver's door. I don't want to take my door to pieces, if it's not necessary.

Furthermore, the key fob has 3 buttons (the middle button for trunk opening). Is there any way to operate the trunk open function. My trunk latch is electronic, so it needs positive impulse to open the mechanism.

Thank you for your reply.

p.s.: Many thanks to jonboyuk for the detailed guide.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi all!

Thanks for a great forum. Have been lurking around here for quite a while, but decided to register.

I have bought a remote locking kit that is similar to the one used in this guide. (http://www.cn-victor.com.cn/en/displayproduct.html?proID=2355731)

Placement of the wires on the locking units loom is the same aswell as the colour coding is the same. And the wiring diagram seems to be the same.

But after some nights with frustration I cant manage to get it to work on my Skoda Octavia 1,9 GLX TDI year 2000. The aftermarket locking unit makes clicks when the keyfob is pressed but nothing happens with the locks.

I have the same issue as some of the others here that the 23-pin wireloom dont have any wire in it. But pin 2 has. (Forgot the color codes in the car) Tried with a resistor aswell today but no change.

Does anyone have any pointers on what I can check further to get this to work? Tried some of the other pins in the 23-pin loom. But still no luck.

Thanks in advance,

Marcus aka NoKeRse

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I have fitted central locking as per your instructions first forgot to connect orange wires to black have now done that and tested with multimeter but now have problems with mirror controls and window controllers both died not working!!

And central locking only flashes indicator lights but not unlocking and locking.

Car still locks and unlocks with key in drivers door and windows go up and down with key locking car.

I'm hoping you can through some light on my problems as I don't know what to do next also can't find a fuse for windows and mirrors.

Thanks in advance for any help

Strange one Rod! Click here for the fuse layout, that should help.

The thing about my guide is it pertains to a particular Octavia, so it's not guaranteed to work for every single Octavia as the wire layouts/colours tend to vary.

Presumably with the 12v connection removed, everything in your car operates as normal (inc windows/mirrors?) If not you're probably right about the fuse. Rclick have various wiring layout guides based on whatever year of Octavia you have so make sure you're using the correct guide.

Hi Jon

Have sorted mirrors and windows but central locking still not working

And central locking only flashes indicator lights but not unlocking and locking.

Car still locks and unlocks with key in drivers door and windows go up and down with key locking car.

Can you tell me how I can get list of other wires on multi plug other than 2 & 4

Thanks for any help

Rod