New vRS - chain or cambelt?

Blimey - two and a half hours and not a single reply.............did I ask a silly question folks?

I really can't find the answer online anywhere and it's not in any technical document I've managed to download for the vRS.

I know VAG replaced a lot of the timing chains in the petrol models for cambelts, but I wasn't sure if they had done so for the 2.0T in the Golf GTI and vRS (but instead had just upgraded the tensioners, etc.)??

Does anyone know?

H

muddy - thanks for the link, but that's for the 200bhp engine.

the latest one is the 217bhp version in the new GTI and vRS; it might still be chain-cam, but I just can't find the info anywhere............

Edited by Herschel

It's chain.

http://www.autobild.de/artikel/ford-focus-st-skoda-octavia-rs-kombi-vergleich-4435919.html

Autobild does a good job on mentioning weather its belt or chain in its reviews, its quite handy.

Can't read German too well and on my phone which doesn't seem to want to translate the page to English for me lol. Is the tdi chain as well or belt?