Souther Mini Meet

SkodiRS

Seeing as it gets draker a lot earlier now thought it would be good to get in at least one mini Southern meet?

I was thinking this Wednesday....fairly early.

I live in Basingstoke, Dave is in High Wycombe, Mark is in Reading, Nick in Swindon, Jon...err...will travel(;) ).

I have no idea where to meet but would suggest Reading-ish as it seems failry central to most of us round this way. or does anyone have anoterh suggestion? Oh and an idea of some good roads and water-holes who also be an idea.

What's does everyone think?

I was thinking 6:30pm-ish.

Cheers.

Adrian.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about Somerset? :D - I don't think I'll be travelling to Reading. ironically, it's not that much further all the way to Cheshire - 350'ish to Cheshire, and 250'ish to Reading for me. So, I think, for me at least, the National will be the last one of the year for me.

Just in case it helps for a slightly larger mini meet there is a pub on the junction of yhe A34 & A303, (Fairly close to M3) handy for me I know but also good for a Sunday Luch time should this be central to any larger group of Southern people

stuart

SkodiRs,

I think you are a few miles out, the pub you are thinking of is in Kingsworthy adjacent to the A34.

I am thinking of the Bullington Cross Inn which sits in the middle of the Junction of the A34 & A303, not the best pub in the world but brilliant location, easy to find, & a massive car park.

Maybey for another day.

For what its worth I suggest you should stick with the original suggestion to get the Southern meets started & maybe move the next to somewhere else. A southern meet was tried before but fizzled out due to everybody wanting somewhere different.

Stuart

Originally posted by Stimps in this post

Somewhere more towards Colchester would suit me just fine, but Reading way is a bit of a drive... :D

Steve, I'm still up for an 'Eastern' meet if we can get some numbers. ;)

(sorry guys - didn't mean to gatecrash your thread).

I work in Slough, but not very often at the moment, so I can't make it then (in Slough not very often, not 'not work' very often, before the abuse starts flying in!!).

Cheers,

Cheers Stuart.

I'm not very good on road names and directions in general. Went up to Winchester a couple of months back and went down the A33 and then had to turn right into a road which had a pub on the corner and a Volvo garage jsut before a bridge (cna't remember the road name).

Anyway....good roads over the side.

Cheers.

Adrian.

Unless I can get my car sorted then it looks like I won't be able to make the meet (if it goes ahead).

Was hoping Mark would be able to come then he could suggest a pub and some roads round Reading area.

If people still want to me up then I don't mind coordinating.

So far for the mini-meet we have Dave and Nick (and me if the car is upto it). Anymore?

How about Q (and the Aylesbury gang come to think about it)......been a bit quiet since RPM. Hope Des didn't scare him s**tless.;)

Cheers.

Adrian.

Helloooooo....

If I'm honest I don't know of decent roads around here. Wassup with the car Adrian?

Were you talking Weds as in tomorrow?

I could make it if I get a pass off the wife - was at Rockingham over the wekend so not altogether sure if it would be a goer...

Can let you know later on. If 6:30 was the agreed time It'd have to be somewhere pretty close as I don't normally get home until 6:00.

As for meeting places, there's a Shell garage just off J11 that does Optimax for 79.9 and gives a few gamecards away per purchase... Don't know decent, easily locateable pubs.

edit: that would be J11 of M4 :)

Regards,

Mark

Originally posted by SkodiRS in this post

Unless I can get my car sorted then it looks like I won't be able to make the meet (if it goes ahead).

Was hoping Mark would be able to come then he could suggest a pub and some roads round Reading area.

If people still want to me up then I don't mind coordinating.

So far for the mini-meet we have Dave and Nick (and me if the car is upto it). Anymore?

How about Q (and the Aylesbury gang come to think about it)......been a bit quiet since RPM. Hope Des didn't scare him s**tless.;)

Cheers.

Adrian.

Sorry chaps, I arrived late home on Sunday (like the rest I suspect) and when I tried to go online last night Colin had waved his magic wand and crashed the server ;)

And what a rotten day to pick out of 7 days! It's my birthday (honest!) tomorrow so I won't be able to go anywhere but home :(

Hi Mark,

would be tomorrow @ 6:30pm.

is that the garage on the Old Basingstoke Road (run parallel to the one that goes past the Madjeski stadium)?

Pubs......hmmmm......I know of a few closer to Basingstoke. There's a couple very near to the Wellington Monument on the road to Hook (The Leather Bottle??).

I think this is going to be a last moment thing unfortunately; won't know if I can come until I sort out the car.

Driving in this morning, all was fine. About 10 minutes into journey I had no boost what so ever. No warning lights, can still hear DV venting on gear changes. Just feels like a normal atmo engine. Hopefully Jon will be able to help later this afternoon/evening.

Anyway will keep everyone posted.