Looking at the new Monte Carlo it's making me want to change a few things ie:

Rear tailgate stripe

Black door mirrors

Front Black grille insert

Tailgate spoiler?

u9ade6a9.jpg

y3epudy7.jpg

y3eme2u8.jpg

As discussed in another thread I'm sure that grille insert is Gloss Black.

Sent from my PID using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Looks like the Monte Carlo's grille surround, front spoiler and rear diffuser are finished in 'deep black pearl effect' and have different part numbers to the Sport. Can't find anything about the door mirror caps though.

post-4208-0-96374000-1398367699_thumb.jpg

post-4208-0-73454800-1398367700_thumb.jpg

post-4208-0-44454500-1398367701_thumb.jpg

Thanks for that, very useful. That'll be something to go to the dealer with :)

I did enquire about the mirror covers and they only come primed so I'll have to spray my own :(

You might get lucky and find door mirror covers from a crashed black Citigo, Mii or UP. Or consider having them wrapped along with the rear spoiler, at least then it will be reversible if you change your mind in the future  :)

Looks like the Monte Carlo's grille surround, front spoiler and rear diffuser are finished in 'deep black pearl effect' and have different part numbers to the Sport. Can't find anything about the door mirror caps though.

attachicon.gifCitigoMonteCarlo4.jpg

attachicon.gifCitigoMonteCarlo5.jpg

attachicon.gifCitigoMonteCarlo6.jpg

The above jpeg files attached to this post are interesting.

Please could you give some information where these came from.

You might get lucky and find door mirror covers from a crashed black Citigo, Mii or UP. Or consider having them wrapped along with the rear spoiler, at least then it will be reversible if you change your mind in the future :)

Interesting thanks :)

I've been looking on eBay for covers but not found anything yet. Wrapping is also a good option too :)

Always thought the rear diffuser would look good in black magic or the like :-) although for people who already have a sport it would probably be cheaper to just get it sprayed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That car looks pretty well specced too! Doubt it will come to the UK specced up like that.

It will be interesting to see what engine / spec / price the monte comes in at in the UK market.

This vid shows everything quite well. Looks like the steering wheel boss gets the gloss treatment too:

I can't remember if anyone has put this forward already or not, but if you look closely at around 2:25 the Stop/Start button is clearly on show which obviously means that it's a GreenTech.

14029585853_ed0fc4c451_s.jpg

• Like 1

I can't remember if anyone has put this forward already or not, but if you look closely at around 2:25 the Stop/Start button is clearly on show which obviously means that it's a GreenTech.

14029585853_ed0fc4c451_s.jpg

They do a closeup at one point of the information board next to the car, and it says on there this is a "G-Tec" model. The title of the video is G-Tec also.

Would I be right in guessing that the sport got offered in European markets with the 75ps engine (AKA green-tech). I'll bet that the UK model will have the same options as the outgoing Sport. Just my hunch.

I believe that G-Tec stands for Gas Technology?  I wondered what the red part on the fuel gauge in the video was.

14041600143_8ce4477e66_s.jpg

14018421232_e943d01d8d_s.jpg

SKODA Octavia G-TEC

The new impressive and awaited SKODA Octavia G-TEC is the first mass-produced Octavia with natural gas drive system, the ingredient of SKODA’s sustainability strategy. It comes fitted with the environmentally-friendly Green tec package (start-stop system and brake energy recovery as standard). Fuel consumption of 5.4m3 (3.5kg) natural gas per 100km with CO2 emissions of just 97g/km, becoming one of the 17 current models with emission values under 100g CO2/km.

Edited by JimmyR