I won't like this paint

mandp

I actually enjoy cleaning my car, but for those that are too busy or live on the 10000th floor or something it'll be of some use, whatever floats your boat. But a pile of crap is a pile of crap regardless of wether it cleans its self or not.

• Like 1

I won't like this paint one bit. I prefer my Yeti to look like the car on the left - as any 4x4 should!  hehehe  Note however only the PAINT is clean on the left and the black plastic bits (like the spoiler) are still dirty!  :giggle:

Nissan-Note-Self-Cleaning-Paint.jpg

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/04/24/nissan-shows-self-cleaning-car-nano-paint/

It is amazing though. Like Rain-X for paint. Wonder how long it will last - though as the article says that is what they are testing right now to find out.

• Like 1

....and the fog lights, so you've still got to go over the whole car for the bits missed when you're washing it.

I wouldn't pay extra for it.

It's not April 1st again is it?

By creating a protective layer of air between the paint and environment

How can you create a layer of air between the paint and the environment?

Interesting.

The mud and general crap I can cope with but if it could control the tar spots that seem to get worse every year I'd give it a try!  

Ernie

It was only a matter of time before they started looking at adding this sort of hydrophobic tech into the paint itself.

Looking at the results you can get from the likes of Wolf's Hard Body and the like, and how well it repels dirt & grime.

No sure, but that was my point - integrating that tech into the paint itself was bound to happen eventually :)

So you don't need to add extra layers of protection on top of the clearcoat, because it's already there.

Its been a few years since this became possible with glass so it was only a matter of time before someone turned their thoughts to cars and using it on them.

I would definitely go for it - less time cleaning=more time driving.

Quite happy with washing cars here too; could do with them inventing armour plated paint that deflects all stones and other car doors in a car park, now that would be useful :wonder:

Suppose I could always buy an army surplus tank but the running costs might be a bit excessive :giggle:

TP

• Like 1