Siezed Rear Driver Brakes

Hey guys.

Just been a way for a few days (4 days) and car was parked up as normal.

Came back to notice that the handbrake was super loose/resistance free until the last 2-3'clicks'. When I got home from work that day, I touched the rear brake discs and the passenger side one was warm to the touch - but he driver one sizzled my finger!! It appears as though it is stuck in the 'active' position.

All 4 pads are relatively new.

Is this a common problem? I've tried all sorts to try and 'release' it (slamming brakes, braking in reverse etc - with no avail). Discs might need changing, but I can't see that causing the problem.

Anything I can do, or do i need to get it looked at?

Thanks guys

syanide.

Check the handbrake.

Mine had the N/S rear brake binding on my Octavia but it turned out to be the cable was sticking.

I replaced both and now its fine.

Edited by ruffday

On my old Octavia I had a similar problem caused the pads sticking in the sliders, they would jam on or stick and only partially contact the disc.

On my current Octavia one the hand brake cables started to size leading to a very hot disc and the same loose handbrake as you describe. A new cable sorted the problem.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Cheers guys. Turns out the spring that pushed the pads back out had gone on that one side. Sorted! Cheers.

(Now to replace both rear callipers on the wife's golf as both her rears are binding and it's not the handbrake apparently.)