Group visit to the Vulcan Bomber at Wellesbourne - 26th July 2014

Dr Zoidberg

i would be up for this as long as I can get my car back on the road after a clutch failure hopefully I'll be running in the next three weeks. :wall:

I would love to go and see XH558 as we need to keep this iconic piece of British engineering flying just so we can hear the famous Vulcan howl. :happy:

I actualy saw her first flight after her restoration (pictures and video on my flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/a_huge_amoeba/sets/72157651360706679) towards the bottom.

Just to clarify. There was a trip last year, but when I asked about organising another one this year there wasn't much interest.

I may try another for 2016, but will see if I can edit the thread title to avoid confusion.

• Like 1

Just to clarify. There was a trip last year, but when I asked about organising another one this year there wasn't much interest.

I may try another for 2016, but will see if I can edit the thread title to avoid confusion.

I think it maybe got lost, Alex, by extending the old thread, it certainly passed me by too

Yep, we're probably a bit late for one this year, though I'm heading over on Sunday as XH558 is doing a flypast so I'll see if they have any slots free.

If not, we can go back next year.

I was planning to go to a local beer festival tomorrow but have a heavy cold which renders that idea rather pointless. However as an alternative I thought Elvington might be worth a visit only to find out XH558 will be there around 1pm :) I have only seen it the once, flying high above my house earlier this year and even then the noise was tremendous.

This is the weekend schedule: http://www.vulcantothesky.org/news/675/82/V-Force-Tour-times.html