Group visit to the Vulcan Bomber at Wellesbourne - 26th July 2014

Dr Zoidberg

My dad will not be making the trip now, sadly he passed away last Friday (16th). Still keep me as a possible, since we may still visit in his memory.

Count me in with the other half

1) Dr Zoidberg

2) copey + misses

3) niceyellow vrs + bird and possibly his Dad, his brother and his mate

4) skud vrs + leanne

5) ashfan + the other half

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, definitely booked for the 26th July.

Numbers for organised visits would be from 12 up to 28. Any more than 28 would be done on a two shift basis. We ask for a minimum donation of £10 per person for that we would provide a three hour visit (based on 28 people) that would include a systems demonstration of electrical and hydraulic systems (bomb doors, powered flying controls, landing lights, airbrakes), cockpit tours in groups of four, exterior aircraft tour, ground equipment.

There would also be an opportunity to watch DVD footage of the Vulcan when operating at the airfield, tea/coffee will be provided, and we also have a shop selling 655 MaPS merchandise. We can usually also provide a photographic opportunity for visitors cars.

I think it's probably easiest if we just meet at the venue rather than trying to meet off-site and convoy there, so it doesn't matter so much if someone is running behind schedule.

I'm emailing them now to see what time they'd like us there, but I doubt it will be too early.
That should then take us up to lunch time quite nicely and we can head off for a pub lunch somewhere.

If anyone has any suggestions for a decent venue near there that would be good.

1) Dr Zoidberg
2) copey + misses
4) skud vrs + leanne

6) Littleade

7) Mannyo + ???
8) Brimma

Ok people. We are going to meet at the airfield by 10am and should be done by 1pm which gives us time for a pub lunch and then anyone who wants to go for a mooch into Stratford Upon Avon can do so before heading home.

The postcode is CV35 9EU, and as I've said before they will be expecting a £10 donation per person which seems entirely reasonable to me. I'll PM everyone a week or so before to check you are still ok, and if anyone else wants to join us then let me know.

• Like 2

Count me in please.

1) Dr Zoidberg
2) copey + misses
4) skud vrs + leanne

6) Littleade

7) Mannyo + ???
8) Brimma

9) J3NK0

• 2 weeks later...

Still in, it will be me and at least plus one.

Will be driving my late fathers 09 reg Fabia Greenline, hopefully I'll have time to clean it before the visit as the car has not been cleaned since before he passed away 8 weeks ago.