Group visit to the Vulcan Bomber at Wellesbourne - 26th July 2014

Dr Zoidberg

I will be on my own as the Mrs is off to a wedding.

1) Dr Zoidberg

2) copey + misses

3) niceyellow vrs + 4

4) skud vrs

5) ashfan + the other half

6) Littleade

7) Mannyo + ???

8) Brimma +1

9) J3NK0

10) Chatty47 +2

My mate from work would like to too. Gonna need two cars now, I'll try and get my bro to borrow my old Octavia off my Dad for the day

1) Dr Zoidberg
2) copey + misses
3) niceyellow vrs + 5
4) skud vrs
5) ashfan + the other half
6) Littleade
7) Mannyo + ???
8) Brimma +1
9) J3NK0
10) Chatty47 +2

I was watching it on their flight tracker earlier, but it didn't go near me on it's way back up north.

It will be a shame when it has to stop flying, but they do plan to keep it in ground running condition, same as the one we're going to see, so we'll at least have the chance to hear two of them doing fast taxis.

I was watching it on their flight tracker earlier, but it didn't go near me on it's way back up north.

It will be a shame when it has to stop flying, but they do plan to keep it in ground running condition, same as the one we're going to see, so we'll at least have the chance to hear two of them doing fast taxis.

There will shortly be a third, the one based at southend airport is now up and running again. They are hoping to carryout a fast taxi soon, following the recent tests of engines, steering and brakes.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=542013009253865&set=vb.375610442560790&type=2&theater

Oooh, excellent.
I've ticked off 8 of the 14 UK survivors but that one is quite remote from me.

There's two in Nottinghamshire that are easy to spot, one near Manchester (under threat), one in Norwich and another in Carlisle that I need to get round to visiting.

Should I bring the brisky banner.

Looking at some of the group pics on the website it might be a good idea, Pete

Car cleaned and ready for an 8am drive in the morning

Just realized we totally forgot the banner. Balls. Ah well....

Thanks to everyone for coming along and making it a good day out, and thanks to Charles, Avril and all the other guides who looked after us, showed us round XM655 and put up with the fairly lengthy demands for individual photos. I'll sort some more pics out later, but here's a couple for now.

GroupShot.jpg

JustMe.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Alex, was indeed a great way to spend the day. The cockpit is tiny, I can imagine it being very hot and cosy with 5 adults squeezed into that small space. We headed off to Stratford after leaving the pub and had a quick look around but it was very hot so we left earlier than we would have liked.

• Like 1

No probs. Despite having been on here for 11 years there were still more faces I didn't recognise than those I did, so it was good to see you all.

They are sending me a CD with the photos they took which I'll upload once they get here, but I'm on holiday for a week after today so it may not happen straight away

• 5 months later...

Hello all.

I know it's only early in the year, but would anyone be interested in A) a return trip to see XM655 again this summer, or B) a trip slightly further north to see it's more famous airworthy cousin XH558?

I would expect a return to Wellesbourne would be very similar to last years trip in terms of content and price.

For XH558 it will inevitably be more costly and I doubt you'll get a cockpit visit or a picture of your car under the nose - there was a recent Pistonheads visit which charged £25 for car and driver, and an extra £10 per passenger so that's probably the ball park figure we would be looking at

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

witness one of the last flights of the Vulcan bomber visiting her sister aircraft at the north east land sea and air museum in Washington tyne and wear on Saturday june the 27th before it retires at the end of the summer. for timings call 0191 5190662

extract from the sunderland echo