New Car For FUBAR Again(new to me anyway) GOT IT PICs Inside!

FUBAR

A steady 43.4mpg was achieved of which the first 27 miles of ownership returned 26mpg  :bandit:

My *cough* 'iDrive' display  :rock:

iDrive%25201.jpg

I guess by the range that a couple of £50's need thrown it's way already :( 

Looks good. What wheels are fitted though? Don't recognise them as BMW wheels.

They are BMW Style 128 official wheels:

link to google image of them https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Styling+128&es_sm=122&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=pzFkU_rKNIXEPZ3qgcgO&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=667#imgdii=_

Good site to search all BMW wheels ever http://felgenkatalog.auto-treff.com/

They need a refurb at some point or might keep eye out for some others, like these ones but are other ones I like more. 

• Like 1

Well, it's a good choice of car but what are all those creases doing in the leather seats?

Sorry, I'm a bit anal when it comes to leather seats.

• Like 1

Well, it's a good choice of car but what are all those creases doing in the leather seats?

Sorry, I'm a bit anal when it comes to leather seats.

TBH I don't like that either, but if you look at BMW's they all look like that (after used). I think it's due to proper leather being used not thin tight stretched budget leather. Seats are mega comfy! Suspension is unreal compared to my old vRS (stock suspension) makes the vRS feel like a Lada Riva in handling and comfort. Acceleration doesn't feel as quick as my remapped vRS which was more or less the same power but 10bhp less. Then I realise quickly by looking at how fast the needle is moving that it is a fair bit quicker and the lack of sound insulation on my 11 plate vRS meant I heard more like none under bonnet and the road noise it allowed in etc. 

That said, if I had someone with my old vRS but not with the fault it had which Skoda were fobbing me off with despite warranty and it was the same price as this I would have the vRS. 

See what you mean, they're are all a bit creased,  never mind go and enjoy the car.  Get some 'Gliptone' to treat the leather, it's the best.

One thing I have noticed about big diesel engines is, when you are 4 or 5 up and with luggage it doesn't affect the acceleration much, all that torque overcomes weight

Edited by Soot1e
  • Like 1

The reason it feels newer than your actual new Octy is because

it's a far better car. It's just frowned upon to say things like that

(ie The truth) on this forum. I mean, how can anything possibly

be better than a Skoda offering???  I've already burned my bridges

so I don't care if I get flamed for saying it, deep down the rose

tinted specs brigade know I'm right too. That must sting a bit. :D

They'll be on here in a minute blathering on about boot space

and whatnot to justify what they have chosen but the FACT is

the BMW 530D is a much better car than ANY standard Octavia

you put it next to. Even the (apparent) best car in the world the

Mark 3 is in the shade in comparison. 

Nice choice Fubar, brace yourself for the 'has it got the optional

indicators fitted' and other such crap. At least it will take the heat

off the Audi drivers for a bit :p

I agree with Garry. Plenty with blinkers on here lately. Good luck with the car Andrew.

• Like 1

At least it will take the heat off the Audi drivers for a bit :p

I do hope not :P 

In other news! My new keyring arrived today, might start flashing it at the till in Lidl or something  :rock:

Is the ZT going to be up for sale Fubar?

It is on first refusal to a mate at moment, so fingers crossed it won't need to be. But I think it will be going. I could keep it on classic insurance (there is a company which will do that for any MG over 5 years old!!!!) But as in pic I really don't have the space at the moment lol. 

Guest BigJase88

The reason i think they start to grow on you was because when the last 3 and 5 series came out the styling was a bit out there. It looked too futuristic

As time has passed the have aged well and still look relatively modern as there styling was ahead of its time

The E90 3 series i remember when my old boy got one back in 2006! I bloody hated it. Much preferred his older e46.

Now looking at it the E90 still looks quite fresh wheras imo the e46 has aged badly and looks rather dated

All imo of course

Nice choice Fubar, definitely one of the cars im considering atm, having a real hard time finding a diesel replacement for the VRS

• Like 1

Nice choice Fubar, definitely one of the cars im considering atm, having a real hard time finding a diesel replacement for the VRS

TBH Daz for you, I'd picture more a 535D Msport. Or a 530D Msport remapped well. The SE's handling does put my old vRS to shame though which was a pleasant surprise. 

There was an awesome looking 530D Msport in Newry (prob still advertised) it is black has the nice 19" wheels etc. The advert omits it is a Cat C and so does the owner, despite later finding out having HPI checked it and run a mile that others had the same experience on RMS..... Lying toe rag 110% knows and it is not priced cheap by any means! Must look so nice because it was fully resprayed  :giggle:

If looking at the 530D's of my shape 2006 odd is when the 218bhp stock was changed and they became 231. 

Guest BigJase88

I think my next car will be a red 530d saloon msport.

Rare as hens teeth but i really fancy a red car. Always wanted one but never had one

Rare as hens teeth but i really fancy a red car. Always wanted one but never had one

Especially if you want a manual one! As I said above I'd love an Msport, but the roads here make it unrealistic for me. :(

Guest BigJase88

Especially if you want a manual one! As I said above I'd love an Msport, but the roads here make it unrealistic for me. :(

I actually think i want an auto :o

Bmw don't really make a decent manual box. Every manual bmw i've drove is as notchy as hell. The auto's can take more torque and bhp apparently aswell!

Plus i fancy just chilling out and hitting sport mode if needs be

The red of the more recent BMW's is such a lovely deep red. Beautiful.

JRJG

I do hope not :P

In other news! My new keyring arrived today, might start flashing it at the till in Lidl or something :rock:

Flash it when checking in at a Crowne Plaza hotel and you will get a free room upgrade, free wifi, and another free thing which I have forgotten.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bmw don't really make a decent manual box. Every manual bmw i've drove is as notchy as hell.

I'm sorry, what?! You've been unlucky in that case.

Their autos are good, but a manual box on a properly maintained example should be up there with the best of them. If its notchy, there's a problem. Shift should be positive, but not be difficult to change.

Guest BigJase88

I'm sorry, what?! You've been unlucky in that case.

Their autos are good, but a manual box on a properly maintained example should be up there with the best of them. If its notchy, there's a problem. Shift should be positive, but not be difficult to change.

Mines is notchy

My boss's z4

My mates 120d

And i have test drove 2 other bmws (both sub 30k miles) and there boxes were notchy

Guest BigJase88

In comparison to say a vag manual box.

I suppose its what your used to. On a bmw you have to be very positive for example. My other half struggles with the box on my bmw

Might be the 'positive change' that you're not liking then. Yep, like you say it's what you're used to and what you prefer.