Yorkshire Meet 21st June 3pm @ The Old Post Office Pub j38 M1

Damo

Preferred date of meet  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Ideally, when is best for you to attend?

• Saturday 31st May
    • Sunday 1st June
    • Saturday 7th June
    • Sunday 8th June
    • Saturday 14th June
    • Sunday 15th June
    • Saturday 21st June
    • Sunday 22nd June
    • Saturday 28th June
    • Sunday 29th June
    • Saturday 5th July
    • Sunday 6th July
    • Saturday 12th July
    • Sunday 13th July
    • Saturday 19th July
    • Sunday 20th July
    • Saturday 26th July
    • Sunday 27th July
    • Any of the dates are fine by me

eqy2utyj.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing wrong with that photo at all.  At least you managed to get a pic with my car being visible in the shot - I was focused on other people's and forgot my own, so thanks for that.

Nice pics Andy (skinnyman) not a bad drive home either lol,did you see accident on a64?

Thanks for the mini convoy back to York - I really enjoyed that thanks.  ;)

As for the mashed potato incident I didn't see that as we were all directed off into the countryside and left to fend for ourselves.  The brilliant part about it is though was that I got caught up in a massive convoy of about 30 cars all heading for Scarborough to go to a modified cruise on the seafront.  Seeing as it had been a car day for me I tagged along and ended up in the North bay.  There were hundreds of cars parked on both sides of the road & it wasn't possible to go more than 5mph all the way round the bay due to the crowds of people.  Bonkers.

Needless to say it was chavtastic so my car fitted right in and I got much luv from the VX boyeez. :rofl:

Yup, a good day all round and a really nice atmosphere at the meet.  When's the next one?

• Like 4

Hello everyone, excellent pix, really sorry to have missed you all, I rolled in there just after 7.30pm, after a long busy day working in Halifax,  just some lonesome cones, and a henna red 14-plate Mk3 Octavia saloon (no Brisky stickers, DM keith Yorkshire sticker), so I pulled in alongside that, went in for a J20 and crisps, asked but they said you'd all gone...., sat outside, nobody at the Octavia, went back in to park my empty glass, tripped (sandals) in the porch and crashed onto both knees, it's VERY hard stone, glass intact, knees bloody, pride dented, went home, early night!!!

Nuther busy day at the Halifax Food and Drink Festival, and knees painful; so where was this Wetherby Whaler? I need to know for next time as my working week is normally Thurs thru' Monday, so would suit me to go direct there to meet and eat!  What time did you get there, and disperse?

Sad to see only one non-VRS Mk1 Fabia, and 1 Citygo; Looks like I'd have been the sole Roomster!

Hope to see everyone next time and actually get to meet!

Richard

Blimey.  Knackered knees and nobody to talk to.  Not a good way to spend an evening in anyone's book I reckon.  Maybe see you at the next meeting and if possible, wear sensible shoes.

Thanks for all that, guys, that Old PO place is all steps and trip hazards, and thanks for the W W directions, Brimma, have spotted it on my occasional visits to my local DMK, but it hadn't registered properly; and I'd had 12 hours in the sensible shoes, so was glad to switch to sandals!  Excellent turnout BTW;

Look out next time for my Ocean Blue "fleet" (full-size by Skoda, 1:43 and 1:72 by Abrex); not quite in the Richard (BossFox) league, but considerably more manageable; Pub Quiz question; how do you fit two Skoda Roomsters into a Skoda Roomster?? If Abrex made one at perhaps 1:20 I could do them like those Russian eggs/dolls, one in another in another!

Oh dear Richard, that sounds painful :(

Next time I'll make sure I post on the thread where to go for any one running late

Catch you soon fella

Damo

IMG_20140622_132905_zpsokgawlco.jpg

Just as Simbo was waiting in his ferry queue at Cairnryan, I happened to be in one at Dover.

This Lancia just happened to roll up directly behind me!

I'm presuming it was an English import at some time as it said 'The Grouse' on the driver's door and even though it has foreign plates, the steering wheel is on the correct side!

Old+Lancia+-2.jpg