20mpg right?

I've got a octy 4x4 1.8t stage 1 , I'm only getting around 20-21mpg around town and I'm driving it good?

What do you expect around town.

I gat around 17-18 with mine.

I had a Jag XJ8 3.2 a few years ago that on local town driving did 5.7mpg according to the trip computer.

Glad I haven't got a 4x4 then.. vag group can shove it if that's what they are  like! :o

My vRS does at least 29's around town, in fact when the baby is in it (which is often), it shows anywhere from 29-38mpg and 40+ on a run! 

I've got a octy 4x4 1.8t stage 1 , I'm only getting around 20-21mpg around town and I'm driving it good?

Does sound a little juicey imho

24ish in a town, 26-32 everywhere else - being sensible(ish) driving to NSL(ish)

knock off 2-3mpg for being not so sensible ... :notme:

maybe you've got an overly aggressive throttle mapping - eg sensitive throttle

How does the mpg compare to pre-map ?

hmm.. picking up my 4x4 tomorrow, and beginning to think I may start to miss the 1.4tdci fiesta.. with its 60mpg.... 

curious as to what mods you have and their role on mpg

remap should increase it marginally

bigger wheels alter the gearing, so may compensate for the lower ratio gearbox in the 4x4,

induction kits are a tricky one, some say it drops as it upsets air/fuel calcs.. and varies a lot with ambient temperature - that and the changes to the behaviour of the noisy pedal!

anyone got any real world pre/post map/mods comparisons?

I'm hoping for 30-40 as I'm commuting 50 miles/day on A roads!

• Like 1

The only time I think I'm driving my Vrs the right way is when the MPG is less than 12

Like it! Vrs ain't for good mpg there just for fun really! And seeing how low you can get your mpg