New Octavia RS WRC

C.T

Hi,

I'm new here but I've just got a 2002 Octavia RS WRC which has had the graphics removed, but is brand new and un-registered with only 50Kms on the clock.

It's spent it whole life in the dealers showroom.

The car is 51/100, is it worth much?

Also, what are the differences betwen this and a regular RS?

Thanks

Come forth WRC63 and ColinD... Owners of 63/100 and 98/100 respectively. Colins is de-stickered also.

BigSi has number 70. and as far as i can tell there isnt much difference. colins had his played with so its a bit faster.

Regarding differences between WRC edition and normal Octy, are among other things, Xenon head lights, heated seats and white painted alloys rather than the usual silver. People also suggest the suspension feels different, a little better handling perhaps. I'm sure there are other things which the owners of this limited edition model will no doubt pipe up with.

Lee

Welcome to Briskoda - and you will find the answer to your last question in the FAQ section here. Looks like I will need to update the list of Briskoda owners... :D

PS - Is yours LHD and whereabouts do you live in the Middle East?

Come forth WRC63 and ColinD... Owners of 63/100 and 98/100 respectively. Colins is de-stickered also.

Too late, it's already been answered... But to be sure :rolleyes:

Xenons

Heated Seats

White Paint

White Wheels

CD Head Unit with 6CD Changer

Plaque on dash

Stickers (originally)

Side Airbags

Side Rubbing Strips deleted

ESP instead of ASR

And that's it I think. Contrary to popular belief they didn't ALL have an alarm fitted as standard, nor did they have a centre armrest as standard, although apparently these were added to a fair number of them as dealer fit options.

Hi,

I'm in Dubai and yes it's LHD.

The specs mentioned seem about right.

Apparently they had two cars imported here but the other one way badly crashed and has since been scrapped.

Hi' date='

I'm in Dubai and yes it's LHD.

The specs mentioned seem about right.

Apparently they had two cars imported here but the other one way badly crashed and has since been scrapped.[/quote']

Cool... I guess that makes them even more exclusive.

Dan (Proud owner of vRS WRC 63/99)

Xenons

Heated Seats

White Paint

White Wheels

CD Head Unit with 6CD Changer

Plaque on dash

Stickers (originally)

Side Airbags

Side Rubbing Strips deleted

ESP instead of ASR

Did they not also come with bigger brakes?

Thought they all had 4-pot callipers?

:eek: :eek:

What did you pay CT? Can you convert it to GBP

You'll hate this but .... 9038GBP. :) Bearing in mind it's never been used and has 500Kms on it. Full three years warranty from the dealer. It was in their dead stock.

The one that I have, has audio alarm fitted and also interior motion detector. The WRC does have uprated brakes and suspension and does handle the road better the the bogt standard vRS, I have driven both.

GAZ... :cool:

Sad day last trip, transferred to Spanish plates, lost personal plate :(

And mine also cost just over the 20 grand.........and worth every penny :thumbup:

The one that I have' date=' has audio alarm fitted and also interior motion detector. The WRC does have uprated brakes and suspension and does handle the road better the the bogt standard vRS, I have driven both.

[/quote']

I would agree that they handle 'differently'. And power delivery is also 'different'. I've also driven a number of standard vRSs and would definitely concur.

Part numbers for all the suspension parts and brake parts are identical however. And I defy anyone to find any visual differences between brake and suspension parts on the actual cars.

If they ARE different, Skoda have been very clever about it.

I love it when someone agrees with me :thumbup:

Mannyo - still in Spain, but have moved since your last visit. gone inland and bought a Finca. Love the Autovia, normal cruising speeds are 100mph, got the car (on the clock) to 143mph, :D

Los conductores de BMW y conductores de Merc no se paran una oportunidad.

Deme una llamada la pr

what is different about the brakes? so if the part numbers are the same, when your WRC needs its suspension or any parts replaced you will get vRS parts fitted so it wont stay different for too long :confused:

what is different about the brakes? so if the part numbers are the same, when your WRC needs its suspension or any parts replaced you will get vRS parts fitted so it wont stay different for too long :confused:

Nothing's different officially. Hence my 'they've been clever' comment.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Where can i find the production number of the WRC edition. I heard it should be on the dash but i can't find it on mine! Perhaps it's located somewhere else??

Got my WRC last friday. It's a 2002 white RS, with the xenon lights and heated front seats, so i asume it's he real thing.

Excuse my poor englisch but i'm from the netherlands.

Regards Jeroen...

Hi' date='

Where can i find the production number of the WRC edition. I heard it should be on the dash but i can't find it on mine! Perhaps it's located somewhere else??

Got my WRC last friday. It's a 2002 white RS, with the xenon lights and heated front seats, so i asume it's he real thing.

Excuse my poor englisch but i'm from the netherlands.

Regards Jeroen...[/quote']

I've been in 63/100 and 97/100 - and the plaques are very prominent... Perhaps yours has been removed?

Maybe one of they guys who own one would take a piccy for you :confused:

• Administrators

Mine falls off frequently when accelerating as the glue has become weak in the sun.

I suspect similar has occured, or mine was removed at some point and it never really stuck properly again.

For reference, mine was above the warning triangle button on the textured dash area, it's now stuck under the radio.

• Like 1