Disappointed with badges

My 2011 Superb was due for its third set of badges in only two years (last year...). So, I made an agreement with the dealer, that if I paid for the new type of badges, they would fit them for free. As a bonus, I got the new set of the green ones (old style badge) for free, as they were covered under warranty.

The new style badges are very inexpensive, around 10£ a piece, as far as I remember.

Edited by GaSelle

• 2 weeks later...

Just been contacted by Keiths - to be fitted next Saturday !

I'm thinking of just buying the new ones - can we get discount anywhere in West Yorkshire ?

Chris

Had my badges replaced under warranty before I completed the purchase of the car last October, as well was some of the window trims. Car was about 19 months old.

Just called in to ask about the 'new' badges - "does sir know they won't fit the older

Chris

Does Sir know they will fit with just a small modification?

Edited by Hoverurb

I mentioned cutting the 'lugs' off - "no sir, one has a flat base the other curved"

Will talk to people at the meet on Saturday (Old Post Office)

Chris

Hey all,

Been reading some in this thread, I've seen 08-13 Superbs fitted with the new set of badges, and it seemed to be like it was a rather easy process. I would love to hear some feedback on this, in regard to the curves and such.

I want to swap both front and rear badge on my Superb Estate, which brings me to my question, is there any easy way to access the rear badge for swapping?

The 1ST 853 630 A AUL looks flat enough, but would it fit, and if so, would it fit both?

Edited by Glitchbeat

Ford had this problem on the new style badges. They replace them FOC. You just walk in and say badges and they take a look and replace them. A few guys I work with have 2008 mondeos and so on and they go in quite regularly to get new ones.

Coupld be worse, could be an Insignia, where the Vauxhall badges spontaneously jump off the grill. 

Hey all, Been reading some in this thread, I've seen 08-13 Superbs fitted with the new set of badges, and it seemed to be like it was a rather easy process. I would love to hear some feedback on this, in regard to the curves and such. I want to swap both front and rear badge on my Superb Estate, which brings me to my question, is there any easy way to access the rear badge for swapping? The 1ST 853 630 A AUL looks flat enough, but would it fit, and if so, would it fit both?

Dead easy to swap

See my project thread here >http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/310476-damos-superb-project-ginormica-aka-susan/

Thanks a bunch for your reply, Damo!

I read that I just had to use a hair dryer to remove the current badge, but this goes for the rear badge only I assume? I am driving a 2010 Business Estate Superb, and I just noticed the front badge is locked in place with plastic clips inside the bonnet, really easy to access.

I saw that you have to tear off some plastic bits for the new ones to fit, is there any adhesive you recommend to use on the rear badge socket for re-fitting the new one there? I guess I'll have to do the same for the bonnet badge, I doubt the plastic clips will be equal.

Sorry for the lame question, but someone once told me that no question is stupid! :notme:

Basically same procedure on both

Heat with hairdryer

Carefully peel away old badges

Remove sticky residue from previous badge

New badge has sticky tape on already

Get some pliers and snap the small plastic locaters off the back of the new badge and stick on

Simples :)

Basically same procedure on both

Heat with hairdryer

Carefully peel away old badges

Remove sticky residue from previous badge

New badge has sticky tape on already

Get some pliers and snap the small plastic locaters off the back of the new badge and stick on

Simples :)

I see! Thanks mate.

I thought I had to clip release the whole badge in the front, but I'll pull out the hairdryer on that one too then.

Do you have any recommended sites to purchase or should I just resort to e-bay as I first had planned?

Sorry for the lame question, but someone once told me that no question is stupid! :notme:

Bit OT but what about 'will you marry me darling?' That's probably the daftest one I've asked......

Bit OT but what about 'will you marry me darling?' That's probably the daftest one I've asked......

Ditto. 3 years later the lady tells me there is no more feelings left for me, and wants to live her life a bit. It was in the transition of falling in love with my Superb though, so I got that going for me, which is nice.  :sun:

I've just collected my car after a trip to Beadles in Maidstone. I needed the right sided scroll wheel on the multi-function wheel replacing and so I asked, seeing as the car was still under warranty, could they swap the badges too as they were all showing signs of corrosion. They ordered in the 'old' style ones but then I asked if they could swap them for the new ones. They couldn't have been more helpful, ordered in the new parts and fitted them without any fuss. I'd explained about breaking off the plastic nodules and given them a link to a thread from here showing how it was done.

The car looks fantastic from such a minor change, and it just shows that there are some good dealers out there!

post-114973-0-11758500-1403866362_thumb.jpgpost-114973-0-97831900-1403866362_thumb.jpgpost-114973-0-63632400-1403866363_thumb.jpg

got some off fleabay! they came in 3 days.  my rear badge came apart, as in the outer bit flew off on the road leaving the black plastic behind so bought some new style ones.