Fabia VRS oil consumption..........What is acceptable?

?????

What did they have the car for 600 miles, and drove it?

They put in Petrol?

That is crazy.!

It used to be a Technician Driving,

but not after the Test went to 186 miles or 621 miles,

many just do the Oil / Filter change , and seal the Filler Cap & Dipstick Tube,

the Owner Drives the miles.

That Dynamic Test Procedure is from a couple of years back and was posted by another member.

Actually more accurate than the current very variable and inaccurate testing,

and tests that really may not show up real oil use over days, weeks or months and different seasons,

or driving routes.

ie Commuting and short trips, or cars on longer journeys.

Edited by goneoffSKi

The service manager used it as "his" car to do the mileage and the garage payed for the fuel and the test to be carried out.

Do you have a copy of the most recent procedure ie the 621 miles one?

The only way I can think it got anywhere near a pass would be if the guys driving and routes were massively different to mine. Even so with the level of consumption I experienced I can't see it getting close to a pass.

Still waiting on the garage getting the technical report from skoda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ask Skoda UK Customer Services to get a Service Manager to get the Technical Department to send the 

Current Official VW / Skoda Test Procedure for High Oil Consumption.

As to trusting Dealers , Master Techs, Techs,  guys mate who has a trip to do etc,

and someone driving your car for 600 miles,

that is your choice.

The Sealed Filler Cap & Dip Stick at least has some more potential for being trusted.

Someone or more than one is taking the Pith sadly.

Hi all, first post in this section so please ber with. My son has had his mk2 vrs for about 2 months now. In this time it has used roughly 4 litres of oil in 2000 miles. My son has taken it to the skoda garage today and has been put on a consumption test. He is required to do 186 miles and then return the car for the oil to be weighed. Doss it matter he does more than the miles stated as the car is used daily for work.

The car in question is a CTHE with all ecu updates.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all, first post in this section so please ber with. My son has had his mk2 vrs for about 2 months now. In this time it has used roughly 4 litres of oil in 2000 miles. My son has taken it to the skoda garage today and has been put on a consumption test. He is required to do 186 miles and then return the car for the oil to be weighed. Doss it matter he does more than the miles stated as the car is used daily for work.

The car in question is a CTHE with all ecu updates.

Thanks in advance.

Read back a view comment above about the mileage for test etc.

Dealers seem to do their own thing at times.

Contact Skoda UKCS for the current test procedure /process, if unsure from reading above comments.

George will undoubtedly be along shortly to enlighten you.

Edited by vrskeith

StirlingMG,

How has the new installation gone for you and your initial impression of the new motor.

StirlingMG,

Hope that you and Mum are able to Enjoy the new motor, at last this weekend!

Quick update,

Supplying car garage rang me to say they tried to get the weights and report from the skoda dealer but the skoda dealer "refused" to give them this information.....

The proverbial is about to hit the fan I feel....

Well she's got her car back & she's over the moon..........................not driven it myself yet but she picked me up last night to go out for tea & it sounds sweet & maybe a little throatier than it did. They gave her a copy of what was done & what it cost....................£5000 which surprised me a little, having said that we have had a few MAN trucks go down with engine failure & they've been about £27,000 so I wasn't shocked by it.

She finally got the warranty history printed off & the only defects before she got it were a faulty DRL & a phone interface issue, no mention of any oil consumption issues......................I couldn't have let that lie for 3 years of ownership & then gone back & bought another Skoda.

I'm just waiting to catch the lad round the corner with the white one & I'll tell him the news, as his has a drink problem too & his dealer told him to wait until the light came on & then run it into them.........................I told him not to wait.

I'll let her run it for a while & then I'll have a go of it & open the taps :D

• Like 1

StirlingMG,

Pleased to hear that she is very happy with her "New Motor".

Enjoy!! for many a mile more now and above all have fun!

Great Result.

Mines? Mines ain't used one drop of oil and is running superbly. Tried to get it on the rollers tho but the gearbox wouldn't change up a gear because the rear wheels weren't moving! Weird but really enjoying driving the wee car again instead of worrying about how much oil is in the car!

People with oil worries should really not take any **** from the dealers and hound them till they fix the prob. With a new engine! Fight on its worth it

• Like 3

Yes the Capacity is 3.6 litres.  

Sometimes at Services there seems to be the error of 3.9 litres being put in.

?

Where do you get the 3.8 Litre figure from.?

If a Garage puts in 3.6 litres.  and on the test it uses oil, then more needs put in before they hand the car back.

So what does the Report Say. 

Oil Used. Weight of Oil etc.

Edited by goneoffSKi

I'm out at the moment but the report seems to show that the computer asked the tech to fill with 3.8 litres of oil, it then gives a weight of oil entered which I'll check when home but then if I multiply this number by .84 (density of oil?) will this give this litres entered? Surely an overfill would void the test?

Edit, also worth noting upon receipt of the car back I checked the dipstick before driving away and it was massively overfilled

Edited by Hettrick44

Check that then. 

Amount of Oil to be added,

then the Weight of Oil Drained before test, and the weight of oil drained after the test, and what the say was used.

3.6 litres weighs 3085 Grams.  

You do not get all the oil out once up to heat, but you drain it and Weigh.

You put back in and do the test.

Then Drain. 

Now if you did 621 miles (1000 km) and you get out 3.3 litres, that will 285.6 grams or so less than the first drained weight.

0.5 litre would weigh 428.5 grams.

Edited by goneoffSKi

I have hady vrs mk2 from new 13 plate it used half a litre in first 700 miles i have now done 16k miles and have used about a litre very happy it uses no oil i check the oil leval every month . I always check when engine is cold 16k happy miles :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well Mother Stirling is delighted so far......................not had to put a drop of oil in the new engine yet, there is an occasional waft of hot oily fumes though but maybe down to a spillage when the engine was fitted, not using oil & not leaving any marks where it's parked. It goes in in a couple of weeks for a check up so it will be mentioned then

Well Mother Stirling is delighted so far......................not had to put a drop of oil in the new engine yet, there is an occasional waft of hot oily fumes though but maybe down to a spillage when the engine was fitted, not using oil & not leaving any marks where it's parked. It goes in in a couple of weeks for a check up so it will be mentioned then

Great news StirlingMG (Mum),so how about that photo with your"Racing"Mum with her machine!!?

I've been monitoring mine again over the last 1200 miles and have added a total of 1.5 litres of oil :-(

Since the new engine (which started out well) it's got increasingly worse. I've covered 13,200 miles and used 8.5 litres of oil

Looks like I'll be speaking to Skoda again soon....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a one for you....................where does the engine number live? My mother never got the new number when her engine was changed so I told her to ask when it was in for service yesterday & they told her it's the same as the old one, surely not.

Also what type of engine will they have fitted?