Fabia VRS oil consumption..........What is acceptable?

The problem is that they stopped building 1.4 TSI CAVE 132 kw Minimum  engine for using in UK vars back about July 2012,

Other than any that were later fitted as Replacement engines they are now 2 1/2 years old.

(Revised engines have been produced 2012-2015 and some of these are now failing.)ed

So anyone that was sold new or bought later a use car with engines that Volkswagen built with Design, Manufacturing & Quality Control Parts 

can look to get a New Revised engines fitted supplied by Volkswagen, and not some rebuild done,

or joeyed up.

Rebuilds on 2 1/2 year old cars are OK for 'Kerb Side Autos', but surely not from the 2nd biggest car manufacturing Group in the World.

Of course the way it is done now is you contact the CAB and they then refer it to the Trading Standards,

& as they are not pursuing Skoda / VW, 

you now get a Solicitor, and have a Independent Motor Engineers Report done.

vxh26,

Can you update us on your Status, have you had any dealings with Skoda or VW on Warranty Issues or with Trading Standards 

or CAB on Car Manufacturers Warranty Issues.

Have you had any dealings with Skoda Fabia Mk2 vRS cars other than having had a Road Test once,

Do you work or are you hoping to work for the Volkswagen Group, or do you just try to as a volunteer?

So, have VAG ever actually fully sorted the issues with this 1.4 twincharger?

From reading what people say it seems not.

Almost there.

They stopped building and selling the Audi A1 185 ps, the VW Polo GTI 1.4 TSI & now the Fabia MK2 vRS Hatch & Estate,

only the Seat Ibiza Cupra 1.4 TSI (2013 FL) still offered for sale new.

So thats all sorted, everyone can forget that 2009-2015 happened and they built quite a few Lemons, nobody really noticed,

'Move on now, nothing to see here'.

So now for 2015 a Polo GTI & Audi A1 Facelifts with the 1.8 TSI 192 ps,   Sorted, All Fixed now.

VORSPRUNG DURCH TECHNIK.

• Like 1

Goes in on Tuesday, courtesy car arranged etc.

She got a nice phone call from Skoda following her email, they have given her a 2 year extension on warranty through Car Care Plan I think she said..................................I think this only covers the new lump & associated bits & not the rest of the car but that's fine at least she has some peace of mind at last.

StirlingMG and Mum,

All the best this week for the replacement of the engine. Hope the installation goes well and that the New Engine gives your Mum considerable and reliable driving pleasure. Don't forget the photos of you and Mum, with a broad smile on your faces and an immaculate cleaned /shinny vRS on show!

StirlingMG and Mum,

All the best this week for the replacement of the engine. Hope the installation goes well and that the New Engine gives your Mum considerable and reliable driving pleasure. Don't forget the photos of you and Mum, with a broad smile on your faces and an immaculate cleaned /shinny vRS on show!

Tomorrow's the big day, I really hope so as it was me who "steered" her towards the car in the first place "That'll be automatic, you'll like that" etc. etc. & I have felt a shade guilty ever since, if I'd had more time to do my homework then I think I would have told her to leave it but it was an impulse thing partly based on how good her Mk1 Fabia had been.

I'll try & get a pic when it comes back oh & I've had a chance to give it a scrub up

• Like 1

I'm going to have a look at these squirters and then im going into my stealers to ask them ;)

im lucky if i get 300 miles now before the oil can comes on, im still selling the car but id like it right for the next owner, id love to be able to sell it privately but my conscience wouldn't let me as it is now but maybe if this cures it then its always an option open to me

• Like 1

Tomorrow's the big day, I really hope so as it was me who "steered" her towards the car in the first place "That'll be automatic, you'll like that" etc. etc. & I have felt a shade guilty ever since, if I'd had more time to do my homework then I think I would have told her to leave it but it was an impulse thing partly based on how good her Mk1 Fabia had been.

I'll try & get a pic when it comes back oh & I've had a chance to give it a scrub up

StirlingMG,

How has the new installation gone for you and your initial impression of the new motor.

Mine came back from the oil consumption test today and has somehow passed (they would have had to quarter the consumption). Asked the garage I bought from to give me the test paperwork and all they have told me they received was the invoice which was forwarded to me. Does anyone know what the following taken from the invoice actually means?! :

Carried out 2nd part of consumption test using VAS and found consumption to be within tolerance range of 0.12 litre per 1000km.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ask them why they are not prepared to give you the Report,

Mileage at start of Test & after New Oil & Filter was in, weight of Drained Oil before Test Carried out, 

Mileage covered and weight of Drained Oil.

Your right to see this, it is Skoda UK Paying for the Test & the test is on your car.

Or is this where you bought the car from paying a Skoda Workshop to do the test?

?

What was the test done over, 300 km (186 miles)

Edited by goneoffSKi

Mine came back from the oil consumption test today and has somehow passed (they would have had to quarter the consumption). Asked the garage I bought from to give me the test paperwork and all they have told me they received was the invoice which was forwarded to me. Does anyone know what the following taken from the invoice actually means?! :

Carried out 2nd part of consumption test using VAS and found consumption to be within tolerance range of 0.12 litre per 1000km.

Thats not good enough, you are entitled to a copy of the test and hence resulting calcs.

It was the supplying garage who have payed for the test and took the vehicle so as their the customer I doubt skoda would be interested. I did insist to the garage before the test that they should receive this paperwork and to get me a copy. I've told them I don't accept the results of the test until they have this paperwork so they chasing that.

The test was done over 600 miles according to the garage.

The invoice also shows they've charged for 3.9 litres of oil so is it possible they overfilled for the test as the capacity is 3.6?

There are mistakes done on tests, and rather common from some Skoda Dealerships.

But say they put in 3.6 litres and test it for 621 miles (1000 km) and it uses oil,

then when drained after the miles covered and then that oil is replaced back in the engine,

they would need to put more in for what is used.

ie 0.3 litres usually on tests that pass.

But you need to see the Test Oil Weights.

I have Copies of Correctly done ones & others where the Oil is thought to be 1000 grams a Litre & 3.6 litres 3,600 Grams,

which it is not.

The garage are supposed to contact me tommrow (I'm not holding my breath) having obtained the paperwork from skoda. Before it went for test it was using nearly a litre in 300 miles so how it's magically passed is a big concern for me

Aside from weighing the oil before and after the test I'm unsure what else they do.

There are so many variables to consider that will differentiate from driving under test conditions and real life driving.

Aside from a whole host of other things the oil will have an SG value (specific gravity) that is relative to water at 4deg (where water is at its highest density) the this relationship will change as oil viscosity and density changes with heat and pressure too.

Basically what I'm saying is someone in real life driving who maybe drives harder than others will get different results to 'the test'

I can send you by Email the Original Dynamic Test Procedure, before they changed to 300km or 600km

Originally it was carried out over 100 km.

Or give me a short while and i will post it here again if i can.

Engine Oil @ 15*oC is 857 Grams for 1 litre.    In a 1 Litre Bottle unopened it is not 1000 grams, (more like 900 grams.)

** So 3.6 litres of Engine Oil Weighs 3085 grams**

(Maybe try weighing 1 litre of new engine oil in a pan, and heat to 90*oC, use a cooking thermometer to check,

then weigh it at that temp, the difference of 85 Degrees will not affect the weight more than the difference between oo & ah)

You might see on this Skoda Dealership Invoice & Test Report where a major error was made.

Weight of Oil to the Quantity of Oil.

The Cars Owner ended up getting a new engine i believe,

and other Owners that had wrongly done tests and had to pay were refunded and also had new engines fitted.

Edited by goneoffSKi

Thanks George. If you could email that would be great

PS always meant to ask....how do you get this info and know so much about the engines and sales? Do you work for vag?

Shssss,  

Like they say, if i do not know the answer, i just make one up.

Numbers are easy,

Alasdair Stewart Brand Director Skoda UK likes to make Press Releases about Positives,

Record Sales, which Models etc buy Month, Quarter, Year etc.

& then there is this.

http://howmanyleft.co.uk

Sorry,

thats the publicly available stuff.  Obviously the VWG are not secretive or in any way would they try to cover up 

Major Design, Manufacturing or Quality Control issues.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/333042-think-dresden-mid-february-1945-vw-australia-dsg-recall

Engine of the Year under 1.4 Litre for 9 years.

'Nothing to see move along now, reliability is wonderful!'.

**Interesting on the Polo 192ps as engine of the Year, does anybody know which 1.4 TSI that was in 2014 ?**

http://ukipme.com/engineoftheyear/results.php?id=12

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 2

Goneoffski thanks for posting the test procedure!! :) much appritiated!! :)

100kms of dynamic driving. Mine was obviously done of 600 miles and I don't know what the mileage consisted of. Could have been one big run for all I know.

Also my invoice shows Mobil one oil was used should it not have been vw brand/Castrol?!