Another oil thread

Thought I'd just start another thread because there aren't enough already. Used four litres in 5,000 miles, the last litre going in 750 miles. Seems to be a bit of a downward spiral.

Contacted Skoda through the website, but guess what, no reply yet. Guess I'll be ringing Monday.

What's puzzling me is I bought my used approved 2011 estate in September, and it seemed fine, although I found it hard to read the dipstick. It always seemed to be wet everywhere. It didn't need any oil till Christmas. Could it be an unscrupulous dealer overfilled it so it didn't appear to have an oil problem, or could some numpty in the service dept have done it and caused the problem.

Alternatively is the onset of problems a fairly subtle thing. I suppose 3k to a litre, then 1.2k followed by 1k and 750k shows a decline that would plot quite well on a graph. I'll keep you all updated.

Sounds like somethings gone wrong mate. I will probably get shot down for this but next time your engines upto temp stop put either in park or neutral and rev, it will cut at 4k, should make it easier to see if your losing oil through turbo. Have you noticed any blue smoke on kick down or normal driving??

I'm guessing you mean 750 miles and not k?? Lol

Is it still under warranty.

Get it booked with Skoda UK WEBSITE CONTACT.

Get the Case No. for use with the dealer and follow up correspondence with Skoda UK FOR LOGGED HISTORY FILE.

Was it supplied by a Skoda Dealership under the approved scheme. 

Think at that rate, I would get it in for the consumption test.(don't pay a thing)

That's what I'm planning. Contacted them on Wednesday. Not heard a thing yet. It's an approved used, 3 years and 3 months. Warranted until September. Will ring and very gently moan on Monday.

Get everything in writing, not just verbal bull.

Get everything in writing, not just verbal bull.

My dealer refuses flatly to put anything in writing. They claimed to record customer issues somewhere in some system but wont give me any evidence of doing so.

My dealer refuses flatly to put anything in writing. They claimed to record customer issues somewhere in some system but wont give me any evidence of doing so.

THEN YOU MUST GO IN WRITING (EMAIL) TO THE DEALERS MD.

also COPY Skoda UK.

Get the Case No from Skoda Customer Services.

The Dealer can't ignore that

THEN YOU MUST GO IN WRITING (EMAIL) TO THE DEALERS MD.

also COPY Skoda UK.

Get the Case No from Skoda Customer Services.

The Dealer can't ignore that

I've had no joy in the past with the MD, just high blood pressure when he dismisses sill damage their vw franchise definetley did to one of my cars as my own fault!

After the fiasco of the last (variable) service which took three changes of oil before the correct 504/507 oil and a new filter was used, I no longer have the strength of will to fight them anymore. Although one culprit was fired, recent experience suggests not much has changed.

I havent tried the Skoda uk route, but will definitely do this next time I complain about the ongoing timing chain rattle on the Octavia 1.2 tsi, i.e. at the next service , before the warranty runs out.

Alternatively I'm considering ditching my dealer and going to Hortons in Lincoln. Are they any good?

If a Dealership Refuses to Print Out Information on Work done on your car and property,

because of something like Skoda having paid for the work,  

tell them Data Protection works both ways,

you want to see what they have next to your Name & Cars Registration.

Skoda Customer Services can Furnish you with the Information on the Car, Service and Warranty Work,

& do it in Print.

Again because it is your car, your money spent and you and yours safety.

george

Horton's are fine. Boss Oliver is a good guy(still wants your money) but his team are good also.

There is a tread on here with customers views -good and bad but mainly good.

Move to Horton's they will sort you out ! In a professional way, better than most, I would suggest ,not worth messing around.

Get it in for testing and sorted mate.

Ok, not proving to be easy. Rang Skoda UK, as no email back from them. They said contact supplying dealer.

Feel like naming and shaming them. They claimed that 1 litre of oil per 600 miles was normal. So nothing to worry about.

Since heard back from SUK, who have told me they've opened a case, and to take it to a dealer and tell them. No previous oil work it would seem. Will let you know how my local dealer does with it.

Who ever you spoke to were clueless.

The figure that is in Owners Manuals, but not even Skoda can really argue is acceptable is, 

'may be as much as 0.5 litres in 1000 km.'  (621 Miles)

Half what you were told.

But the Oil Consumption test if carried out correctly will tell the tale that Skoda UK already know.

Do not accept it being done over 300 km,  (186 miles)

Have them let you drive 621 miles or 1,200 miles, & see what oil is used after they start the test with 3.6 litres of oil in.

You want the Written Copy of the Test Results, The Quantity & Weight of Oil at the Start and End of the Test.

• Like 1

Oh sweet, another oil thread

Maybe yes, but if we don't get on at VAG, everyone who suffers won't get a good outcome.

SUK were really helpful. Car now booked in somewhere for an investigation. Will ask if I can do the driving

Everyone i know of on here, but 1 has had the right outcome and a Replacement Engine in the 1.4 TSI Twincharger CAVE that is an Oil User.

Then there is the Expenses & Warranty Extension to be sorted where Skoda UK or Skoda Dealerships mess about owners.

There is different outcomes with that.

I bumped that thread on different Treatment received.

& you can also see the Members that responded to my Posts on CAVE/CTHE Engine Replacements.

Oh sweet, another oil thread

You simply can't have enough discrete threads on unacceptable oil consumption for the VAG twincharged engine.  That is apparently the only thing wrong with the Fabia vRS . . . and the sealed until it isn't DSG box, useless audio system, dreadful suspension and pathetic exhaust system as well of course ;)

• Like 1

You simply can't have enough discrete threads on unacceptable oil consumption for the VAG twincharged engine. That is apparently the only thing wrong with the Fabia vRS . . . and the sealed until it isn't DSG box, useless audio system, dreadful suspension and pathetic exhaust system as well of course ;)

My car is tuned and uses no oil, in the last 10km it has been up and down the country and performed duties from a family holiday to some heavy abuse on track, with great gusto, and I have put in 400m of castrol, Sharkrider's the same and many others without issue, go harass people on the RX8 forums if this is how you get your jollies. I for one am just plain bored of you now, change your tack and contribute something useful.

The sum total value of all your recent posts that I have read is equal to the number of Mk2 Fabia vRS' you own.

• Like 4

You simply can't have enough discrete threads on unacceptable oil consumption for the VAG twincharged engine. That is apparently the only thing wrong with the Fabia vRS . . . and the sealed until it isn't DSG box, useless audio system, dreadful suspension and pathetic exhaust system as well of course ;)

Boring...

• Like 1

You simply can't have enough discrete threads on unacceptable oil consumption for the VAG twincharged engine.  That is apparently the only thing wrong with the Fabia vRS . . . and the sealed until it isn't DSG box, useless audio system, dreadful suspension and pathetic exhaust system as well of course ;)

Internet Troll methinks. I can't understand what would motivate someone to go on a forum for a car they don't own, have never owned and have no intention of owning just to slag it off. I'm sure vxh26 might claim this post is "tongue in cheek" but let's be honest going on his previous content I doubt it.....

• Like 4