Mk1 Fabia 1.8T

Toxicvrs

Right well as some of you knew I had a Fabia 1.2 that needed a fair amount of work so decided to sell it - this resulted in my dad buying it for about £500 and I bought a Clio! Well earlier in the week the Clio developed a major misfire so I limped to the local garage! Where my old Fabia just happened to have been having an mot well it passed so I gave my old man a call as he's got enough other vehicles and I needed transport to which I got my old Fabia back and will most likely have it until mid next week! What a great car it really is! Comfortable, pulls a lot better much prefer it! Might eventually sell up the Clio and get another one as I've missed it so much!

Sounds like you need another Fabia.

A nice bathroom green one. :giggle:

Disregarding you fleet of buses, just HOW many vehicles have you actually currently got ey you ole rabbit chaser? :o

Disregarding you fleet of buses, just HOW many vehicles have you actually currently got ey you ole rabbit chaser? :o

I was up to 10 which is just silly, so I'm reducing.

5 or 6 now.

• Like 2

But not a poofy green one. :blush:

Nope sadly the delightful green ones were selling a tad much for what they really were on ebay! Yup it is a 1.2 Fabia Classic in blue on a 53 plate :D just washed it photos to come in a minute!
  • Like 1

Nope sadly the delightful green ones were selling a tad much for what they really were on ebay! Yup it is a 1.2 Fabia Classic in blue on a 53 plate :D just washed it photos to come in a minute!

Just been asking the same question elsewhere, so ignore.

Nice one.

yze9a3er.jpg

u6ehu8a5.jpg

y3ude8uj.jpg

Didn't realise I'd missed that spot oops! There were only 2 hubcaps fitted and in a poor state so ripped em off and am ordering some new ones! All in all not a bad car few annoying things like the poor adjustment on the rear wiper but I just happy to be back in one!

Love that colour. Looks amazing when it's clean.

Welcome back to the Fabia fold

Thanks yeah I held out 3 weeks before I had to get myself another! Good colour but what the photos don't show is how badly stone chips show up!

Right this evening the car has been on the ramps had a service, checked it over, resealed back doors as a precaution and finally did the dual fog light mod looked under it and not a bit of a rust to be seen I may be biased but I'm absolutely delighted with it!

• Like 2

Today I drove about 95 miles to visit a family member car never skipped a beat got an average of 46 mpg which is pretty good for me especially as I came through some B roads on my way home and got a bit enthusiastic on the throttle sounds stupid but at it's limit what a fun car to drive :D

Ermmm wow 53mpg is what I just got that's pretty impressive considering I've hardly been on an economy drive!

Remember to point and laugh at all the people paying £15,000+ for a more economical car to "save money" on running costs. ;)

• Like 2

I thought I might as well start a project thread 2nd time around now I've got my second Fabia! Not much will happen in the way of mods just a matter of a few practical things, the experience and maintenance.

Many Thanks

Jack

Right the plans for the car as follows :

Connects2

Adjust rear wiper so it no longer scrapes on boot lid

Remove oxidation from headlamps

Hubcaps

Touch up stone chips and scratches

Fit Roadhawk

Buy some "used" but slightly less obliterated badges

Respray the bumper after noticing some lacquer peal

That is all at the minute any suggestions?