Mk1 Fabia 1.8T

Toxicvrs

I managed to fit Octavia vrs stub axles on my rear beam which sorted it out only because i had a spare one off my vrs and didn't have the cash to shell out on anything else

• Like 1

Right so I'm planning to have a single silencer straight through exhaust system with decat which I am going to plastidip the visible rear parts and hide them away and reinstate the 1.2 badging, still planning out these little things to get it just how I want it!

Mines a 3" turbo back, straight through system which has a turned down pipe behind the bumper, all hidden till the pops and bangs melted the bumper slightly

Engine is ready to come out tomorrow just got to disconnect downpipe and gear linkage! Took a bit more time and care removing the fried loom to see what can be made of it! A few stubborn smashed connectors too :( happy with the progress though! There will soon be a load of free stuff that's surplus I'll do the advert soon

Buying some 16" steel wheels and some cheapo hub caps from ecp too to complete the look until I look at the possibility of stage 2 of my plan!

Could always add a 'sport' badge

Sent from my Galaxy S5

This is giving me enthusiasm to get stuck in myself. :)

I'll be honest I was reluctant at the start thinking ohh I could keep this on the road then I thought what's the point it will cost more and I've got a runabout anyway! I thought sod it, started work on Tuesday and I've been out most evenings working! The whole rear end of the car is stripped as light as it will go from front seats back, the wiring loom was carefully disconnected today in the engine bay to preserve it as I've asked Taylor about the wiring! Disconnected the rest of the surrounding stuff around the engine! Then went into my man cave drove the MG out and moved my engine crane ready to lift it out tomorrow! I'm attempting to make my own washer tanks etc lightweight but I'll see how it goes! Will be removing the sunroof and welding a patch in most likely! I'm absolutely loving it! Get yourself stuck in! You won't regret it one bit :)
  • Like 2

Do it... you know you want to.. I'll come and give you a hand or two... maybe both left hands but it's the thought that counts right... ;)

As I've said once my work for the apprenticeship stops being Saturdays too in Feb and I've got more time I'm happy to help as well mind you it will probably be done by then anyway ;)

This is giving me enthusiasm to get stuck in myself. :)

Edited by Toxicvrs