Chris Knott Insurance - Check Terms

john_y

Seems to me that, based on the published facts, that CKI conducted themselves well.

I disagree - it's 'similar' to saying all the banking industry sold PPI so it wasn't a rip off but now we know better.

A few years later the insurance industry were stop from charging more than 7 months pro rata premiums for less than 3 months coverage.

Edited by john_y

Pointless thread and i suggest the thread title is changed here too, as the links has

Read your T&C's, no point complaining after you've agreed to them.

and we all read t&c's often at font size 6 or smaller.

Pointless from the perspective of warning other briskoda members they should carefully read t&c's?

and we all read t&c's often at font size 6 or smaller.

Pointless from the perspective of warning other briskoda members they should carefully read t&c's?

Why wouldn't you read them?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Hang on - this happened 7 or 8 years ago, and is now being complained about?

Didn't we recently have somebody slagging off one of the Broker sponsors, about short period charges when he was emigrating?

After a couple of pages, it turned out that he had forgotten who he had dealt with, and was slagging off a completely innocent party.

Oooh look above to the Adrian Flux sub-forum.

Oh, there's a surprise, it's the same forum member.

This all sounds like a privatevendetta to me.

• Like 4

Hang on - this happened 7 or 8 years ago, and is now being complained about?

Didn't we recently have somebody slagging off one of the Broker sponsors, about short period charges when he was emigrating?

After a couple of pages, it turned out that he had forgotten who he had dealt with, and was slagging off a completely innocent party.

This all sounds like a vendetta to me.

and it seems an apology was offered.

Time is irrelevant.

Warning -  as stated that members should scrutinise documents very carefully.

Sometimes the font size and quantity of text makes reading extremely difficult 

Time is irrelevant.

And that only applies to Chris Knott?  Any other broker can be approached with a laissez faire attitude?

Please explain

Time is irrelevant.

Either:

a. Your comment applies only to Chris Knott and the underwriters they use.  Therefore suggesting CK operate differently from the rest of the industry as per the title of this thread, which singles CK out specifically above all others.

Or,

b. Your comment applies to the industry as a whole, which makes the title of this thread somewhat disingenuous.

Either:

a. Your comment applies only to Chris Knott and the underwriters they use.  Therefore suggesting CK operate differently from the rest of the industry as per the title of this thread, which singles CK out specifically above all others.

Or,

b. Your comment applies to the industry as a whole, which make the title of this thread somewhat disingenuous.

ok, on recommendation  Knott were chosen to find the best policy for me which I paid them for and valued their expertise.

Knott were chosen above other similar brokers as they appeared to be an outstanding broker and above the industry norm.

Significant t&c's could and probably should have been pointed out in terms of advice and choice of policy - I feel that only the headline facts were communicated with me

Dear lord I feel for companies (including Chris Knott) having to deal with people like this. 

Thanks for your constructive comment.

The facts speak for themselves - if you agreed to pay £500 for a policy, paid £300 for less than 3 months cover which is the equivalent of 7 months premiums wouldn't you feel aggrieved.

We all have different opinions (which I respect)  and this is mine.

Edited by john_y

ok, on recommendation  Knott were chosen to find the best policy for me which I paid them for and valued their expertise.

Knott were chosen above other similar brokers as they appeared to be an outstanding broker and above the industry norm.

Significant t&c's could and probably should have been pointed out in terms of advice and choice of policy - I feel that only the headline facts were communicated with me

So is it A or B?

Define significant in terms of t&c.  You are seeming to suggest that the whole of the policy and all implications of deviating from original requirements should be spelt out in full prior to you verbally agreeing to the cover?

So is it A or B?

Define significant in terms of t&c.  You are seeming to suggest that the whole of the policy and all implications of deviating from original requirements should be spelt out in full prior to you verbally agreeing to the cover?

Did you understand my post

I think both for the reasons I have detailed above and I think the example I gave illustrates the issue.

So you are singling CK out as being different, and deficient in terms of their business practise, yet saying they are not different to others in the industry?

So you are singling CK out as being different, and deficient in terms of their business practise, yet saying they are not different to others in the industry?

I am not sure of the business practices other brokers employed at that time or the advice and guidance they offered to customers.

I could imagine that other brokers chose different 'underwriters' or gave advice that would help a customer make an informed choice.

I have stated what the broad facts are and offer this to members to make an informed choice - I paid the equivalent of approx. £1200 for an annual policy quoted at approx. £500 - I accept there were additional costs but those made were completely out of proportion and unreasonable.

Edited by john_y

I got my insurance through Chris Knott as brokers. Funnily enough I read the terms and conditions of my insurance within the first 14 days which included the cancellation policy........ I was happy with they company I was insured with - unsurprisingly this wasnt chris knott but was Highway as part of LV (Liverpool Victoria). I've been with LV before for car insurance but I still checked the policy over.

If you cant read the small print ask them to send you a large print copy for those who may have sight problems. 

Its your own responsibility to read the terms and conditions of the contracts into which you enter. If you dont bother to do that dont go crying to mummy that the nasty people wrote in something which you now dont like! Christ I learnt that about dealing with insurance companies by the time I was 18..........

• Like 2