Polishing Pads - CYC Diamond face type

samuir1974

Target price was indicated in post #39 above, with approx 2 week lead time on order  :)

But will of course depend on approval by Admin and quantity.

The more the merrier... although i need a forum Sponsor to support the initiative   :thumbup:

• Like 2

Why not ask Sparkly ?

Sparkly has already volunteered to assist - if we need to go down this route; i didnt even need to ask - a very kind offer it was too.

But as we all know - Sparkly has plenty on the go with his own opportunities and GB arrangements. ( Come on mate - get it sorted! )  ;)  :rofl:  :giggle:

So i am happy to drive this one forward if i have Sponsor and Admin support.  :thumbup:

If you can outline the type of support youre likely to need?

It's Ok Chris, I have agreed to give Steve a hand if needs, I think also he was keen to make sure I had no objection and would endorse him running the GB if he proceeded.

As I understand, in order for all to be totally above board, admin have been messaged and Steve is awaiting a response that they have no objection, as per the GB rules.  I can see plenty of references to this in the thread.

As you say it's just a GB Chris, nice and simple.  Seemingly one with plenty of interest If it is formalised with admin.

• Like 2

It's Ok Chris, I have agreed to give Steve a hand if needs, I think also he was keen to make sure I had no objection and would endorse him running the GB if he proceeded.

As I understand, in order for all to be totally above board, admin have been messaged and Steve is awaiting a response that they have no objection, as per the GB rules.

Precisely - thanks Mark  :thumbup:

Yes...I need some more..5"

Not impressed with my hexalogic pads from CYC..the velcro has pulled off when removing from the Backing plate

I'm hearing lots about both Flexipads and CG quality issues; especially the glue failures to the backing velcro material.

Lots of excuses on user error, care regime, washing etc - but seems that they have changed something in their process.

Btw - this GB is for 6" / 150mm pads only.

Thanks

6" will do..I have a 6" backing plate as well

User error issues?

Not on my part

Used a white hex pad yesterday on the DA (Only iused it briefly ...and it was new out of the packet)...pulled it off and it pulled half the backing off

Ive not seen this on any other pads...even those cheap Chinese ones on eBay dont do this!!

Ok - thanks for your interest. This brings it to 8 kits claimed from the 10 proposed.

If i don't get clearance from Admin and/or the 10 names agreed by Friday 26th Sept;

then i will have to close this and progress my own order - as i'm low on pads guys.

Just spoken to CYC and explained the Issue with my CG White 5.5" Hexalogic pad and they are sending me another

They say they havent heard of a problem before...they say

To be fair, I havent either..not happened to me before.

Good service none the less

I shall see how the new pad performs

Ok - thanks for your interest. This brings it to 8 kits claimed from the 10 proposed.

If i don't get clearance from Admin and/or the 10 names agreed by Friday 26th Sept;

then i will have to close this and progress my own order - as i'm low on pads guys.

How much? I'd be interested possibly!

How much? I'd be interested possibly!

As we are close to securing the required 10 interested people - i'll work out the kit and final cost stack this evening.

Target was a kit of 8 x 150mm  (4 x 2pk) polishing pads; plus maybe some wax applicators for under £20.

As already stated - not doing this for profit; i need these pads for my own use and the more involved - the cheaper i get my pads!  :thumbup:

• Like 1

Just spoken to CYC and explained the Issue with my CG White 5.5" Hexalogic pad and they are sending me another

They say they havent heard of a problem before...they say

To be fair, I havent either..not happened to me before.

Good service none the less

I shall see how the new pad performs

There was a whole thread on one of the forums last week discussing the failure mode you described.

Flexipads seems the main culprit, but surprisingly some CG issues mentioned too.

Good result on the free replacement though. I'm sure you have done nothing different to your normal regime.

That's what many people have described; same care and use as before but latest batches had shown issues.

Thanks..Glad it not just me

Which Forum?

Link?

Sorry - it's a closed forum group run by some of the pro-detailers.

Therefore it does not allow me to share links to a wider audience.

I tried sharing it before and it failed - you may recall this.