Volkswagen Polo GTI 6R Build Thread

Evening all... After selling my Fabia earlier today, I've decided to start a build thread on my new car... The weird yet wonderful Polo GTI. Never thought I'd own a DSG but the opportunity came up and I just could pass it by!

2e2y3e3a.jpg

nebehudy.jpg

I made the long journey from Telford down to Portsmouth to collect it but oh my was it worth it! With a national price promise and the most highly specced Polo available at the time of purchase, the answer was yes... Just yes.

I collected it with just over 23,000 on the clock, 1 previous long term owner and one precious short term owner (I'll get to that!).

Was a nice sunny day and the trip was well worth it!

Car come equipped with the following:

RCD 310 DAB

Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror

Rain Sensor

Heated Seats

Bi-xenon Headlights

Bluetooth Connectivity

Multi-Functional Steering Wheel

Cruise Control

So why the 1 short term owner I hear you ask.... Well he had it from January till Mid April. When his company car of 2 years was taken off him he had to get a car so Polo GTI it was.... Until..... He found his exact car was for sale I'm Portsmouth, so down there he stormed and part exchanged his polo for his original Vauxhall Insigna and so the car fell fortunately into my hands.

As you do when you know you're getting a new car... You hit eBay and the forums hard in search of anything to make it a little unique, am I'm sure most of you would of seen I did with my Fabia.

I've already purchased a set of Coilovers... FK HighSport to be exact. As well as a Pipercross Induction Kit. Will all be installed on the coming weeks.

There are many plans I have, most of which you'll find in my signature below.

Hope you guys enjoy this thread in coming months and let me know what you think!

Thanks Guys

Carl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Well Done Carl. Looking forward to more updates and will be following this thread. What you did to your Fabia was fantastic. Totally transformed the car so I expect the same here...! ;)

Looks nice.

These are without a doubt the best looking of the three 1.4 twincharger DSG cars.

I'd just make sure it's not an oil user before doing too much customising.

Particularly considering the last owner keeping it a short time.

Just to be on the safe side. :)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

UPDATE:

I bagged myself an absolute bargain and picked up some Bilstein B14 adjustable coilovers post-109055-1407657514282_thumb.jpg

Had them fitted at AP Automotive (Thanks Ant) and she now sits like this...

post-109055-14076577217761_thumb.jpg

Drive comfort is still pretty good and I just love how it sits. post-109055-14076578699477_thumb.jpg

On another note, I got rid of the old reg plates and went over to pressed. post-109055-14076579153067_thumb.jpgpost-109055-14076579277997_thumb.jpg

I think this is an absolutely cracking looking car mate. I've hardly ever seen any on the road. Loving the practicality of having 5 doors as well (speaking with my Daddy head on lol)

Do these suffer the same issues as the MK2 Fabia VRS in terms of oil usage? I appreciate that doesn't affect all cars though. It is the same block isn't it?

sent from my Galaxy Note 3

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...