New clutch high bite point

I fitted my cg motorsport dual friction clutch and smf. I replaced the slave cylinder and bled the system. (Done full fluid change) now I have a high bite point on the pedal. Is this normal with a Uprated clutch? Or do I need to bleed it some more? Never had a Uprated one before.

I would have thought that if there was any air in the clutch hydraulics that the biting point would be low rather than high.

I would have thought that if there was any air in the clutch hydraulics that the biting point would be low rather than high.

That's what I thought

The clutch works in the opposite principle to the brake pedal, too much air and the pedal bite is higher (I think?). When you press the clutch pedal you are pulling two surfaces apart rather than pushing which you do with the brakes.

The clutch works in the opposite principle to the brake pedal, too much air and the pedal bite is higher (I think?). When you press the clutch pedal you are pulling two surfaces apart rather than pushing which you do with the brakes.

If your pushing the clutch pedal your forcing the release bearing out to disengage, too much air and it won't disengage fully. If it has too much air you will have trouble selecting gears. At least that's what I think..........

Someone help me before I ghost ride the whip off of Dover cliffs!!!!!!!!

Anti rust oil on your flywheel???

Been ragged from new so glazed up. Causing less friction ??

First time I moved it it had a high bite point. It's not been ragged as I know it needs to bed in before I can launch it or drive hard

Are you sure the slave cylinder/release bearing is right for this kit? Some kits require a different slave/release bearing.

I was not told that I needed to change the slave cylinder so I presumed it would be ok. I did change it for a new part from LUK though.

No, it works on exactly the same principle - the principle that you can compress air but not fluid.

Thats why the bite is at the top of the pedal

I would say you will need to press the pedal right down to get it in gear?

Then when releasing it the bite is at the top?

If so its air in the system.

When there is no air the slave cylinder/bearing moves the identically to the pedal/in relation to it. With the air there you need to move the pedal more to get the slave cylinder/bearing to move due to needing to compress the air.

When you release the pedal the compressed air then de compresses in effect taking the movement away from the cylinder.

Not the best description sorry.

Basically mate re bleed the system and use an eezibleed so the circuit is always slightly under pressure.

Air = low biting point and dragging. So stugles to select gears

No because the slave moves slower than the pedal so you dont feel the bite till youve nearly released it. Too much air means you camt disengage the clutch. A little air means full depression of the pedal is needed to disengage clutch plus compress the air in the system.

When releasing the pedal you are slowly reengaging the clutch and also decompressing the air hence why the bit you feel is at the top as the air decompresses which takes away energy from the bearing movement.

No because the slave moves slower than the pedal so you dont feel the bite till youve nearly released it. Too much air means you camt disengage the clutch. A little air means full depression of the pedal is needed to disengage clutch plus compress the air in the system.

When releasing the pedal you are slowly reengaging the clutch and also decompressing the air hence why the bit you feel is at the top as the air decompresses which takes away energy from the bearing movement.

its a weird way to explain it but you will either get it and realise or we will be intent on what you think

If you cracked off the bleed nipple on the slavr cylinder and tried to press the clutch pedal. The slave culinder would not move and the plates would be locked together still.

If air was in system is would basicly have the same effect as what I just describe as the fluid would fill in the gaps of air first. Resulting in the master cylinder moving fully but the slave cylinder only moving partial amount of its designed travel.. the the pressure place would still be half clamping the clutch to the flywheel. Causing clutch drag and a biting point really really low

I think it is something other than air in the system. Like contamination. Faulty clutch. Wrong release bearing

edit :

To correct you. You should have zero air in the system.

Edited by fletch101

Thats why the bite is at the top of the pedal

I would say you will need to press the pedal right down to get it in gear?

Then when releasing it the bite is at the top?

If so its air in the system.

When there is no air the slave cylinder/bearing moves the identically to the pedal/in relation to it. With the air there you need to move the pedal more to get the slave cylinder/bearing to move due to needing to compress the air.

When you release the pedal the compressed air then de compresses in effect taking the movement away from the cylinder.

Not the best description sorry.

Basically mate re bleed the system and use an eezibleed so the circuit is always slightly under pressure.

You are incorrect. Air will cause the biting point to be low or for the clutch not to release at all. fletch101 knows what he's talking about.