Sticking Vanes VNT - Mr Muscle.

Has anyone got any guides to correctly and safely cure the sticky vanes and clogged up turbos on the PD170.

I have developed overboost issues due to the vanes sticking, a very told me to spray Mr.Muscle over cleaner into the turbo which will clean it up.

Anyone got any advice, help or guides cheers.

Ps- I'm to low on funds at the mo to have a turbo recon but I will be looking at that in the future.

Cheers guys.

Here is the guide :)

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/243533-the-mr-muscle-vnt-turbo-treatment-thought-we-needed-a-guide-of-sorts/

I did it on my brother in law's Passat PD140 with the same problem, worked a treat.

It's a bit different to the pictures, as you have the EGR cooler.

I found it easiest to take the air intake side off, then remove the EGR brass pipe that connects the turbo to the EGR cooler. I could then get the tube into the exhaust side of the turbo no problem.

I'm really just looking for a step by step guide on how to do it.

As I'm rather clueless. All I know is I'm meant to spray it in exhaust side and blank of the other side so it forms a seal or something.

I'd be so lucky if someone fancied doing this for me? ( providing you do know what your doing ) Lincolnshire or Oxfordshire ;)

Has anyone done this then? If so would you be willing to do it for me.

It's just I have a lack of tools so certain bolts I just won't be able to undo.

Please... :)

I am really stuck! I've looked at the guide and now looked at my car just now ( PD170 ) and the only pipe I can see going to the turbo is the air intake no EGR - really stuck -_-

Help!!!

Yep, all the mk 2 Octy diesels use VNTs.

I would love someone to do a video like this for the PD170 as its a totally different kettle of fish with an EGR cooler and bugger all access to the turbo!!

has anyone got a decent write up or links to video?