Car repair progress

Hyphons

pabu8ymu.jpg As some of you are aware I struck a deer last night and thought I'd start a thread on the repair process, so far I've got 2 quotes, the Westover repair centre and a local garage, Westover wanted £1650, and the local garage wants £300 if I can source parts, so I'll be hunting for a left fender and a new head light for the left side (any colour as he said he can spray it)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

I think that you'll find the nearside wing won't be too expensive (even from a Skoda dealer) but I'd be very doubtful if you'll find a second-hand one quickly.  I haven't really looked but is it bolted on or is it welded too?  If it's bolted on then you could almost do that yourself and then be able to use the car once you'd sourced a headlight unit which will be expensive.  Good luck though and keep us all informed because an accident such as yours could happen to any of us not that I've seen too many deer in central Hove.

Frankly the way I was spoken to at the Skoda Westover body shop has put me off going near them, the guy was finding everything wrong with the car which added more money I'd rather go for second hand parts

Edited by Hyphons

Couple of pictures as I've found more damage from the accident

jyge9eqe.jpg Front bumper is split

suvubyhe.jpg (I think) light unit holder thingy is bent upwards vepu2ysa.jpg Cracked just above light uhytamem.jpg Cracked behind the light ypedadys.jpgAnd finally my new custom headlight ;)

Edited by Hyphons

So I just spoke to "Partsshark" and turns out they're pretty   :swear:  he had no idea what a fender was and just said there's none in stock.. so hold on the citigo on your website for scrap isn't there anymore?  :wonder:

I've decided that when the cars new wing arrives I'll keep it green ;) sick mod yo!

Worked for VW with their Harlequin range . . . . .

VW_Polo_III_Harlekin.JPG

• Like 3

All bolts the repair on these. Very easy to do :)

Sent from my IPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

That was my guessing, with the front wing I'm taking a guess it's 2 bolts in the bonnet and some bolts along the inner wheel arch

I'm really impressed, nay amazed, that you've managed to source all the parts so quickly and cheaply too. :thumbup:

Thanks :) need her fixed as soon as possible, she's in need of a good wash and I can't do that while she's all busted up :(