Got damaged

Stormchaser

I have no idea how this happened :(

vyte2yse.jpg

eza5udaz.jpg

Right on the crease of the bodywork as well with 2 tiny dents either side of it. I just noticed it earlier whilst getting the car out of the garage. Need to try and find a way of popping that out :(

Sent from my IPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

• Like 1

Hmm yes. I've no knowledge of anything happening whilst I was driving. Maybe when it was parked up somewhere :(

I'm going to see if these Chips Away people can do it first.

Hello Stormchaser,

From experience using Chips Away (in Dundee) for several years, this is the type of damage that they are normally very good at dealing with and I would be confident to use them.

One note of caution, you are probably aware that they are a franchised business and live on the quality of their work so those that have been around for a while are usually to be relied on BUT I would look for recommendations before getting the work done. There are probably several Chips Away Franchises in the Bournemouth area.

Regards,

Mike.

• Like 1

Whereabouts on the car is that?

Ah think its by the rear of the side window....that is a fair bang to dent on a folded area.

Some dents/damage on "hard areas" can be a real pain to get out/repair :(

I had a BMW that some plonker bashed right on the corner, which they referred to as a hard area, had to be bodyshop repaired. Pulling it out was not an option as the metal deforms/stretches.

Hope its a simple repair :)

Edited by Defenderben

It's just behind the rear quarter window. The line of the body runs down there and there's a small crease in it now with 2 small dents either side of it.

that high up, got to be someone carrying something on a shoulder (plank or ladder, any scafolders round near you?) or a lorry, but I would assume a lorry would have removed half the car :o

That must be so gutting for you. I'd be furious. Especially as that line is such a clear line of the design of the car. Ive notice some of panels eg roof are a bit flexible (when polishing - oops) but I'd have thought that area would be quite strong and can't imagine someone could do that without noticing, surely?

Mind you I did see guy in Saab the other day hit two cars whilst parking. First one neither he or other driver seemed to notice, and the other rocked when he scraped it and didn't notice that either. Looking at the corners of his saab it wasn't First time either!

I'm just trying to think how this could of happened but I'm at a loss. There's been no builders near me and I always park away from dangerous things. It isn't safe to park anywhere by the look of it.

• Like 1

If that panel is accessible from inside then it should be fairly easy for someone who knows what they are doing to push it out. So annoying when this happens!! I still have the dent in my rear quarter done by somebody on my 2nd day of ownership :(

Yes under the big upper panel inside will reveal the crease and dents so hopefully can be done. It's small to look at but can be seen at an angle.

Chips Away just called. They use another guy for dent removal which looks interesting.

It's called dent diamond.co.uk.

Some sort of paint less dent removal.

Just sent in for a quote.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a guy coming round on Tuesday to attempt to remove the dent/crease. He says that's if he can gain access from behind to massage the damage out. If not then there is no charge :)

I'm not sure what's behind the upper window trim other than the rear seatbelt and it's mounting. Hopefully he can get in there.

Well the Paintless dent removal guy can't do it because of the body line. He said the paint will probally split if he attempted it. Trouble is there is no access behind that panel. I've just got a quote from a bodyshop to repair it. Just waiting for the email.

Best of luck with it..... unfortunate it couldn't be pushed out.... I thought they could also pull'em out with those suction cup thingummies.

The suction method works on thinner flexible areas...this damage is in a really awkward place, where there is a lot of strength.

• Like 1

Received an email from the bodyshop today. Quite a bit more than expected. No parts involved just paint and labour coming to a total of £535 :(

Now do I go through my insurance ?

Received an email from the bodyshop today. Quite a bit more than expected. No parts involved just paint and labour coming to a total of £535 :(

Now do I go through my insurance ?

Depends which garage you go to, the garage I'm using is Malvern Body repair centre, I'm sure he would charge a lot less perhaps give him a ring? http://www.malvernbodyrepaircentre.co.uk/

• Like 1

I've written somewhere else on here that my little Hyundai suffered a minor parking scrape...much about the same as yours in severity.  A local one man business quoted (and charged) £70.  Didn't ask if VAT was involved - wasn't interested if it was or wasn't.  But he did it and made a tidy job.  He made the paint up onsite from the code on the plate on the car so didn't have to buy a litre or whatever it comes in these days from another supplier.   A  world of difference between £70 and £535 for a similar sort of job.

• Like 1

Is that the garage just on the right in Malvern Road?

His address is on his site, it's difficult to explain where it is, it's on Drewwit estate next to all the main retail stores like the range matalan brantano's etc hopefully this should explain a little bit more https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@50.755432,-1.929761,3a,44.4y,148.29h,80.73t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sN1kqyzlHSxLJs3N0wup4mA!2e0

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well the third PDR guy has looked at it and will not have a go at this as he said it will split the paint. I'm going to put this through my insurance to be done now as it's dragging on a bit.