No sound on stereo and tips how to fit replacement stereo?

Hi all I bought a mk2 2006 reg octavia vrs last week and am loving it (had a mk1 in the past too). I switched the stereo on last night to find no sound but the cd and radio were operational. When I got home I switched the ignition off and on again and the sound worked fine. I just wondered what may be causing this and could the stereo eventually pack in working?

Also I was thinking of replacing the stream stereo with either a single or double din one with a usb feature. Does anyone know of a decent fair priced fascia I can get that doesnt look shoddy and also what else I will need and any problems I might and inevitably will have whilst fitting it?

I had a Pre FL Octavia with a stream in before and It would occasionally do that...Usually when it was playing an MP3 cd. It only happened about 3-4 times in the 2 years I had it, so I didn't put too much thought into it...Definitely not a 'turn on' volume setting though as it did it mid track on 2 of the occasions.

I had a Pre FL Octavia with a stream in before and It would occasionally do that...Usually when it was playing an MP3 cd. It only happened about 3-4 times in the 2 years I had it, so I didn't put too much thought into it...Definitely not a 'turn on' volume setting though as it did it mid track on 2 of the occasions.

Also did the same on my Stream while playing MP3s.

Did it quite a few times... so upgraded to a Columbus.

Phil

• Like 2

Thanks. So if I buy a fascia is it as simple as buying a lead for the skoda and popping in my pioneer single din stereo or is there more to it?

Thanks. So if I buy a fascia is it as simple as buying a lead for the skoda and popping in my pioneer single din stereo or is there more to it?

You will also need to run a wire to the fusebox and pick up a switched live otherwise the stereo will be on all the time due to the can-bus system.

Phil

You'll also need a wiring kit as well as facia, since your current headunit will have a quadlock connector whereas the single din pioneer will most likely be ISO.