Briski cyclists?!

samj2013

It's great to see so many cyclist on a car forum! Things are looking good, we just need more of us.

I've been a cyclist since about 12 years old - now approaching 40. Pretty much always been a roadie, but race TT, crits....love MTB'ing and downhilling as well. 

Constantly getting told off for the amount of bikes I have....I always argue the "n+1=perfect amount of bikes" rule (where n = current number of bikes), but I don't think she likes that one.

Anyway, a pic of my little summer toy ( a few upgrades since this photo, but it's close enough):

DSC_0580_1.jpg

I won't bore you all with photo's of the others, but I have a specialized transition TT bike, Giant defy winter bike, de rosa summer / race bike, boardman mtb.....

Constantly getting told off for the amount of bikes I have....I always argue the "n+1=perfect amount of bikes" rule (where n = current number of bikes), but I don't think she likes that one.

I was informed that the correct equation is:

n=s-1

where s is the number of cycles that would precipitate separation.  

However in some circumstances when n=s you may also find you have achieved nirvana  :notme:

Such difficult decisions :devil:

I was carrying the winter gear and had the idea that i would ride around the a windfarm this afternoon as it was just above freezing and looking nice earlier when i was passing by, 

but the little amount of snow was wet and slushy and the wind chill was just too much so the bike stayed where it was.

post-86161-0-79665800-1484314770_thumb.jpg

post-86161-0-55922100-1484314786_thumb.jpg

post-86161-0-28536400-1484314799_thumb.jpg

Looks like you need a bigger car! Will it not lie flat?

One the tests I did for the Superb was to take 2 bikes easily, without having to remove wheels or other components.  We cycled up to the display in Green Park state London Prudential finish, asked the guy on the Skoda stand if I could try something to he said sure, so I dropped the rear seats and put both our bikes in. Said great, took them out and cycled off :clap:

I can do it with the mondeo and had to be able to do it with any replacement.  Now got a Superb on order :happy:

The *******s are great especially when they flash the wife has them on her rucksack when she cycles to work. On the topic of rucksacks what have you got in that saddle bag bag?  Could be the start of a new thread "What's in Mikes bag?"

I suggest Watney's Party pack

The *******s are great especially when they flash the wife has them on her rucksack when she cycles to work. On the topic of rucksacks what have you got in that saddle bag bag? Could be the start of a new thread "What's in Mikes bag?"

I suggest Watney's Party pack

The *******s aren't bright enough for the roadbike so are now on the MTB. In the saddle bag is a pump, multi tool, tyre levers, spare tube, and a small cable lock.

Looking at getting a Garmin 520 edge with live Strava segments. It's easy to blow cash in this hobby. I also need a road bike helmet and maybe some race shoes

I was carrying the winter gear and had the idea that i would ride around the a windfarm this afternoon as it was just above freezing and looking nice earlier when i was passing by,

but the little amount of snow was wet and slushy and the wind chill was just too much so the bike stayed where it was.

What rack are you using? We've got an Alhambra on order and have been looking into bike racks

• 3 weeks later...

My new Bike arrived yesterday (before my new pedals for it did) & just waiting for a bit more light to go play in the forest.

A bit wet now but heavier rain and wind forecast for the rest of the week so might as well get some time on it now.

I tried it last night after setting it up and i really like the dropper post. I should have had one long before now.

DSCN1662.JPG

DSCN1668.JPG

DSCN1671.JPG

DSCN1682.JPG

DSCN1673.JPG

DSCN1681.JPG

DSCN1691.JPG

Edited by Offski
  • Like 3

I've manage to knacker the ligaments in my ankle again. So thought if i can't ride it why not upgrade it.. again.. this time it got serious.

Was black and green. Stripped it down and done it grey and black, unsure on decals yet.

IMG_8428.JPG

IMG_8479.JPG

IMG_8483.JPG

IMG_8481.JPG

• Like 1

Mike, weight might be an issue for some but it does not bother me really I just need strong and robust. Even after weight loss I am still 115kg min on a bike and do not get out of the seat.  Fat bike for distance, full suss is just for playing in a quarry really.

44 minutes ago, Offski said:

Mike, weight might be an issue for some but it does not bother me really I just need strong and robust. Even after weight loss I am still 115kg min on a bike and do not get out of the seat.  Fat bike for distance, full suss is just for playing in a quarry really.

yeah different people have different needs, great value bike and I'm very tempted

VRS Mike,

ready to ride with tubes in & my seat and pedals, full water bottle, mini tool, camera & phone in pouch is 15.7kg, So heavier than my Specialized Fatboy kitted up.

(116kg of me in wet weather gear.) I will go see what like as i have played about with suspension and going to see what like with some descending.

Then i will see if the brakes are still as noisy and if so sort them out.

DSCN1695.JPG

DSCN1704.JPG

DSCN1700.JPG

Edited by Offski
  • Like 1

Liking the bike posts here on Briskoda.

I've been cycling since forever.  I got my first MTB in 1990, a Ridgeback 601 SIS, http://www.rideandrepair.co.uk/Retrobike/Ridgeback_1990.pdf

And after that I had a couple of Diamond Back bikes and then a Marin, which I've still got. 

I ride road bikes now but I recently hired a mountain bike on holiday, what on earth is going on with the geometry of mountain bikes these days?  The handle bars are about a mile wide and the stem length is non-existent.  Can anyone explain, it just didn't feel right at all.