Briski cyclists?!

samj2013

13 hours ago, SNH said:

Just started back up after many years off. Need to get fit being a slob of a lorry driver :D

Currently using my brothers spare Boardman pro while he rebuilds his lapierre zesty full suspension for me, He has a posh cube thing. 

Only doing 3-5 mile a day to ease myself into it and get some fitness back but we've done the odd blue route at Sherwood pines and went on a 16 mile adventure Monday night round clumber park.

20170815_163453.jpg

The main thing to remember is, it doesn't matter what you ride, so long as you are enjoying yourself :) 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SNH said:

Just started back up after many years off. Need to get fit being a slob of a lorry driver :D

Currently using my brothers spare Boardman pro while he rebuilds his lapierre zesty full suspension for me, He has a posh cube thing. 

Only doing 3-5 mile a day to ease myself into it and get some fitness back but we've done the odd blue route at Sherwood pines and went on a 16 mile adventure Monday night round clumber park.

20170815_163453.jpg

Looks like you over did oiling the chain with the big puddle underneath it :)

On ‎19‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 20:35, VRS Mike said:

My new ride. Had to remove the Vision 35 wheels due to the rear wheel creaking, will get the spoke tension sortedimageproxy.php?img=&key=66c1d7df650950daimageproxy.php?img=&key=66c1d7df650950da

IMG_2776.JPG

IMG_2679.JPG

I loved my procarbon, only got rid as I bought the ec-130e

2 hours ago, pip_vrs said:

I loved my procarbon, only got rid as I bought the ec-130e

EC130 with Di2 will probably be my next purchase to go along side my Pro Carbon. 

How is do you find they compare?

I went with the SRAM setup and i liked the idea of the brake lever staying vertical with triggers on it. I found with the others i was braking and pulling acros or when changing gear braking.

its a didferent setup bike but feels faster. But my pro carbon i had flat bars on so hard to compare really.

IMG_2825.JPG

IMG_9416.JPG

Here's one of my fleet, possibly the best bike I've ever owned.

So far it's been used for everything from riding singletrack in the Surrey Hills to a week-long road trip across the Alps and not once has it felt out of place.

Next stop is Mont Venoux again in a months time to attempt the Club Des Cingles, also known as three different ascents of Ventoux in a day. Needless to say my new Octavia will be getting it's first road trip when it takes me and my mates down there.

IMG_20170531_215626_559.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pip_vrs said:

I went with the SRAM setup and i liked the idea of the brake lever staying vertical with triggers on it. I found with the others i was braking and pulling acros or when changing gear braking.

its a didferent setup bike but feels faster. But my pro carbon i had flat bars on so hard to compare really.

IMG_2825.JPG

IMG_9416.JPG

I have SRAM force on my Pro Carbon and prefer it to shimano, but I like the idea of electronic shifting. 

Next bike might be a london road for occasional commuting

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VRS Mike said:

I have SRAM force on my Pro Carbon and prefer it to shimano, but I like the idea of electronic shifting. 

Next bike might be a london road for occasional commuting

Yeah I have the force on my ec-130e I love it, its also lighter than Shimano and better. Just the price tag of Shimano.

I would have liked electronic shifting, but at the time 1800 for the bike was enough :D

10 hours ago, grmtylr said:

Here's one of my fleet, possibly the best bike I've ever owned.

So far it's been used for everything from riding singletrack in the Surrey Hills to a week-long road trip across the Alps and not once has it felt out of place.

Next stop is Mont Venoux again in a months time to attempt the Club Des Cingles, also known as three different ascents of Ventoux in a day. Needless to say my new Octavia will be getting it's first road trip when it takes me and my mates down there.

Interesting to hear that on a rigid bike, how does it handle the rockier stuff?

I've though about getting a similar bike, but then I think whats the point when I built a full sus that's basically the same as I ride it locked out :speechless:

Well haven't been able to ride as I've screwed my neck and shoulders, but managed to fix the creaking noise coming from my back wheel. It was caused by the freehub pawls that were not moving freely, now all I need is some new tyres, will then use my fulcrum wheels fitted with gatorskins for my winter set up. 

IMG_2807.JPG

4 weeks In and currently racked up 207 miles and averaging 18 - 20 miles a day which for a fat lad that never went anywhere unless it was in the car I didn't think was bad. 

Lost some inches and dropped nearly a stone (9lb in 2 weeks) missed the 3rd week so weigh day again Friday.

20170905_162625.jpg

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, SNH said:

4 weeks In and currently racked up 207 miles and averaging 18 - 20 miles a day which for a fat lad that never went anywhere unless it was in the car I didn't think was bad. 

Lost some inches and dropped nearly a stone (9lb in 2 weeks) missed the 3rd week so weigh day again Friday.

20170905_162625.jpg

Well done, that's bloody good doing!

Just make sure that you don't overdo it and injure yourself.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grmtylr said:

Well done, that's bloody good doing!

Just make sure that you don't overdo it and injure yourself.

I do have 1 day a week off normally midweek to recover sometimes 2 depending on where we are on the weekend with the horse. 

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, pip_vrs said:

Them tyres will soon be useless at Pines :D

I've not been out for 2 weeks, not had time with work etc. Did a red the other week and other than it trying to flip me over the handlebars it wasn't bad :D

Our youths lapierre should be back together this week, it's just up at pines shop having the brakes sorted so I'll try that one out ;)